Coast harbor expansion to get underway next month
Published: November 16,2011
PASS CHRISTIAN — Dredging for a $33-million harbor expansion begins Dec. 15, a year after Pass Christian received the grant to make the project possible.
Yesterday, the Commission of Marine Resources voted unanimously to allow a permit for harbor modifications, the last hurdle for the project.
When bids came in $4 million to $5 million too high last year, Thompson Engineering redesigned the harbor, slimming down a pier and moving commercial slips. Mayor Chipper McDermott told The Sun Herald the changes brought the bid prices down.
The expansion, to the east of the harbor, will be paid for with a $25-million Mississippi Development Authority grant and $3 million from a Coastal Impact Assistance Program grant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image