Hospital drops Transcare, signs Lifecare
Published: November 16,2011
MACON — Noxubee General Hospital has switched to another ambulance service.
WCBI-TV reports the hospital’s board of trustees allowed Transcare’s contract expire.
The hospital has signed a new contract with Lifecare, a Carthage-based company.
Hospital Administrator Danny McKay says Lifecare made a more competitive bid. McKay says Lifecare agreed to have two ambulances ready to serve Noxubee County at all times.
Lifecare officials say they will consider hiring some of Transcare’s current staff.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November