Hospital drops Transcare, signs Lifecare
Published: November 16,2011
MACON — Noxubee General Hospital has switched to another ambulance service.
WCBI-TV reports the hospital’s board of trustees allowed Transcare’s contract expire.
The hospital has signed a new contract with Lifecare, a Carthage-based company.
Hospital Administrator Danny McKay says Lifecare made a more competitive bid. McKay says Lifecare agreed to have two ambulances ready to serve Noxubee County at all times.
Lifecare officials say they will consider hiring some of Transcare’s current staff.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge