Hospital drops Transcare, signs Lifecare
Published: November 16,2011
MACON — Noxubee General Hospital has switched to another ambulance service.
WCBI-TV reports the hospital’s board of trustees allowed Transcare’s contract expire.
The hospital has signed a new contract with Lifecare, a Carthage-based company.
Hospital Administrator Danny McKay says Lifecare made a more competitive bid. McKay says Lifecare agreed to have two ambulances ready to serve Noxubee County at all times.
Lifecare officials say they will consider hiring some of Transcare’s current staff.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that