Hospital drops Transcare, signs Lifecare
Published: November 16,2011
MACON — Noxubee General Hospital has switched to another ambulance service.
WCBI-TV reports the hospital’s board of trustees allowed Transcare’s contract expire.
The hospital has signed a new contract with Lifecare, a Carthage-based company.
Hospital Administrator Danny McKay says Lifecare made a more competitive bid. McKay says Lifecare agreed to have two ambulances ready to serve Noxubee County at all times.
Lifecare officials say they will consider hiring some of Transcare’s current staff.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.