Reeves: Upcoming budget process to be ‘arduous’
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 16,2011
JACKSON — Following the Joint Legislative Budget Committee meeting yesterday, Lt. Gov.-elect Tate Reeves said lawmakers should prepare for a tough budget process when they convene.
In a statement, Reeves said: “At today’s Joint Legislative Budget Committee meeting, the Revenue Estimating Committee presented a cautious and conservative revenue estimate that is indicative of the effects of the economic downturn and how that has slowed Mississippi’s economy. It also illustrates that we have another arduous budget year before us.
“When lawmakers convene for the 2012 session, we will have to work together to prioritize state spending and maintain our focus on economic development, job creation and improving the education attainment level of our citizens.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders