Reeves: Upcoming budget process to be ‘arduous’
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 16,2011
JACKSON — Following the Joint Legislative Budget Committee meeting yesterday, Lt. Gov.-elect Tate Reeves said lawmakers should prepare for a tough budget process when they convene.
In a statement, Reeves said: “At today’s Joint Legislative Budget Committee meeting, the Revenue Estimating Committee presented a cautious and conservative revenue estimate that is indicative of the effects of the economic downturn and how that has slowed Mississippi’s economy. It also illustrates that we have another arduous budget year before us.
“When lawmakers convene for the 2012 session, we will have to work together to prioritize state spending and maintain our focus on economic development, job creation and improving the education attainment level of our citizens.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability
- Gulf Coast's design studio teaches lessons on sustainability
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department