Reeves: Upcoming budget process to be ‘arduous’
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 16,2011
JACKSON — Following the Joint Legislative Budget Committee meeting yesterday, Lt. Gov.-elect Tate Reeves said lawmakers should prepare for a tough budget process when they convene.
In a statement, Reeves said: “At today’s Joint Legislative Budget Committee meeting, the Revenue Estimating Committee presented a cautious and conservative revenue estimate that is indicative of the effects of the economic downturn and how that has slowed Mississippi’s economy. It also illustrates that we have another arduous budget year before us.
“When lawmakers convene for the 2012 session, we will have to work together to prioritize state spending and maintain our focus on economic development, job creation and improving the education attainment level of our citizens.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office