SECDE closes on tax credits for Resinall plant
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 16,2011
MADISON and HATTIESBURG — SECDE Ventures, LLC has closed on New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) financing of $18 million for construction of Resinall Mississippi’s new hydrogenated hydrocarbon resin unit at its manufacturing facility in Hattiesburg.
SECDE combined $12 million of its NMTC allocation with $6 million of NMTC allocation from MuniStrategies and $15 million of bond proceeds from Mississippi Business Finance Corporation (MBFC) to facilitate the completion of this facility expansion for Resinall. In addition to SECDE, MuniStrategies and MBFC, participating Mississippi firms include Trustmark National Bank, Government Consultants, Equity Plus, LLC, Balch & Bingham, LLP (Jackson office), Jones Walker (formerly Watkins Ludlam) and Butler Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC.
By shifting into this new market and as a result of the NMTC financing, Resinall will preserve 125 manufacturing jobs and create 10 to 20 new positions in order to supply a portion of the increasing demand for hydrogenated tackifier resins (HTR).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015