Board to name preferred candidate for MUW president
Published: November 17,2011
COLUMBUS — The state College Board expects to name a preferred candidate for president of Mississippi University for Women today.
The position has been filled by interim president Allegra Brigham since May following the retirement of president Claudia Limbert. Limbert had held the position since April 2002.
College Board spokeswoman Caron Blanton says the board, after a series of daylong meetings, expects to announce the preferred candidate at 4:30 p.m. Blanton says the meeting will be broadcast on the College Board’s website at www.mississippi.edu/ihl.
Blanton says the preferred candidate will tour the MUW campus Nov. 30, giving students, community members and faculty the opportunity to participate in a question-and-answer session.
She says the College Board hopes to formally name a new president by the new year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow