Board to name preferred candidate for MUW president
by Associated Press
Published: November 17,2011
COLUMBUS — The state College Board expects to name a preferred candidate for president of Mississippi University for Women today.
The position has been filled by interim president Allegra Brigham since May following the retirement of president Claudia Limbert. Limbert had held the position since April 2002.
College Board spokeswoman Caron Blanton says the board, after a series of daylong meetings, expects to announce the preferred candidate at 4:30 p.m. Blanton says the meeting will be broadcast on the College Board’s website at www.mississippi.edu/ihl.
Blanton says the preferred candidate will tour the MUW campus Nov. 30, giving students, community members and faculty the opportunity to participate in a question-and-answer session.
She says the College Board hopes to formally name a new president by the new year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Nullification and interposition
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Commission eyeing unauthorized changes to historic structures
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district