Board to name preferred candidate for MUW president
Published: November 17,2011
COLUMBUS — The state College Board expects to name a preferred candidate for president of Mississippi University for Women today.
The position has been filled by interim president Allegra Brigham since May following the retirement of president Claudia Limbert. Limbert had held the position since April 2002.
College Board spokeswoman Caron Blanton says the board, after a series of daylong meetings, expects to announce the preferred candidate at 4:30 p.m. Blanton says the meeting will be broadcast on the College Board’s website at www.mississippi.edu/ihl.
Blanton says the preferred candidate will tour the MUW campus Nov. 30, giving students, community members and faculty the opportunity to participate in a question-and-answer session.
She says the College Board hopes to formally name a new president by the new year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option