Board to name preferred candidate for MUW president
Published: November 17,2011
COLUMBUS — The state College Board expects to name a preferred candidate for president of Mississippi University for Women today.
The position has been filled by interim president Allegra Brigham since May following the retirement of president Claudia Limbert. Limbert had held the position since April 2002.
College Board spokeswoman Caron Blanton says the board, after a series of daylong meetings, expects to announce the preferred candidate at 4:30 p.m. Blanton says the meeting will be broadcast on the College Board’s website at www.mississippi.edu/ihl.
Blanton says the preferred candidate will tour the MUW campus Nov. 30, giving students, community members and faculty the opportunity to participate in a question-and-answer session.
She says the College Board hopes to formally name a new president by the new year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17