Board to name preferred candidate for MUW president
Published: November 17,2011
COLUMBUS — The state College Board expects to name a preferred candidate for president of Mississippi University for Women today.
The position has been filled by interim president Allegra Brigham since May following the retirement of president Claudia Limbert. Limbert had held the position since April 2002.
College Board spokeswoman Caron Blanton says the board, after a series of daylong meetings, expects to announce the preferred candidate at 4:30 p.m. Blanton says the meeting will be broadcast on the College Board’s website at www.mississippi.edu/ihl.
Blanton says the preferred candidate will tour the MUW campus Nov. 30, giving students, community members and faculty the opportunity to participate in a question-and-answer session.
She says the College Board hopes to formally name a new president by the new year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force