Hotelier gives $100K for new Delta Sportsplex
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 17,2011
GREENVILLE — Chawla Hotels, owners of the Hampton Inn and four other hotels in Greenville, has made a major sponsorship of $100,000 for the Delta Sportsplex Foundation. This is the largest sponsorship ever received by the Delta Sportsplex and comes just days after 70 percent of Washington County voters approved a county-wide referendum to impose a two percent lodging tax in the county.
Dr. V. K. Chawla, president of Chawla Hotels, said, “Just like 70 percent of the voters in Washington County, Chawla Hotels believes in the Sportsplex. We are excited that we can build the momentum and look forward to hosting the many visitors to our community.”
Chawla Hotels joins several area businesses that have already agreed to a sponsorship of the Delta Sportsplex including Oakes Toyota, Planters Bank, Guaranty Bank, McDonalds and Kepler’s Restaurant.
Greenwood-based Chawla Hotels owns 17 hotels in six Delta cities with over 250 employees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip