Hotelier gives $100K for new Delta Sportsplex
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 17,2011
GREENVILLE — Chawla Hotels, owners of the Hampton Inn and four other hotels in Greenville, has made a major sponsorship of $100,000 for the Delta Sportsplex Foundation. This is the largest sponsorship ever received by the Delta Sportsplex and comes just days after 70 percent of Washington County voters approved a county-wide referendum to impose a two percent lodging tax in the county.
Dr. V. K. Chawla, president of Chawla Hotels, said, “Just like 70 percent of the voters in Washington County, Chawla Hotels believes in the Sportsplex. We are excited that we can build the momentum and look forward to hosting the many visitors to our community.”
Chawla Hotels joins several area businesses that have already agreed to a sponsorship of the Delta Sportsplex including Oakes Toyota, Planters Bank, Guaranty Bank, McDonalds and Kepler’s Restaurant.
Greenwood-based Chawla Hotels owns 17 hotels in six Delta cities with over 250 employees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that