Hotelier gives $100K for new Delta Sportsplex
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 17,2011
GREENVILLE — Chawla Hotels, owners of the Hampton Inn and four other hotels in Greenville, has made a major sponsorship of $100,000 for the Delta Sportsplex Foundation. This is the largest sponsorship ever received by the Delta Sportsplex and comes just days after 70 percent of Washington County voters approved a county-wide referendum to impose a two percent lodging tax in the county.
Dr. V. K. Chawla, president of Chawla Hotels, said, “Just like 70 percent of the voters in Washington County, Chawla Hotels believes in the Sportsplex. We are excited that we can build the momentum and look forward to hosting the many visitors to our community.”
Chawla Hotels joins several area businesses that have already agreed to a sponsorship of the Delta Sportsplex including Oakes Toyota, Planters Bank, Guaranty Bank, McDonalds and Kepler’s Restaurant.
Greenwood-based Chawla Hotels owns 17 hotels in six Delta cities with over 250 employees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year