Landowner unveils plans for Deer Island resort
Published: November 17,2011
BILOXI — Larry Mitrienga owns a piece of Deer Island, and he says he wants to build a resort there just south of Biloxi.
The Sun Herald reports Mitrienga presented his first plans to Biloxi’s Review Committee Wednesday.
The plans show eight elevated pods with 12 units each for a total of 96. Mitrienga’s attorney, Michael Cavanaugh, said they would be condotels with a mix of 1,000-square-foot condominiums and hotel rooms. Also on the site will be swimming pools, a Tiki Club open-air restaurant and a covered pavilion.
Mitrienga plans to ask for a change in zoning from agricultural to allow commercial development. He didn’t specify what zoning classification he is seeking, but said he doesn’t plan to build a casino as part of the resort.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge