Landowner unveils plans for Deer Island resort
by Associated Press
Published: November 17,2011
BILOXI — Larry Mitrienga owns a piece of Deer Island, and he says he wants to build a resort there just south of Biloxi.
The Sun Herald reports Mitrienga presented his first plans to Biloxi’s Review Committee Wednesday.
The plans show eight elevated pods with 12 units each for a total of 96. Mitrienga’s attorney, Michael Cavanaugh, said they would be condotels with a mix of 1,000-square-foot condominiums and hotel rooms. Also on the site will be swimming pools, a Tiki Club open-air restaurant and a covered pavilion.
Mitrienga plans to ask for a change in zoning from agricultural to allow commercial development. He didn’t specify what zoning classification he is seeking, but said he doesn’t plan to build a casino as part of the resort.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!