Personhood supporters form political action committee
Published: November 17,2011
Tags: abortion, Amazon, amazon.com, american idol, anti-abortion, aol, aol mail, aol.com, aquarius, auto trader, Best Buy, bikini, bing, birth control, break ground, Cars, charlie sheen, CNN, comcast.net, Costco, craigs list, craigslist, dailymotion, dictionary, diet, dogpile, drudge report, EBay, ebay motors, ebay.com, egotistic, elections, espn, expedia, Facebook, facebook login, facebook.com, firefox, fox news, gmail, gmail.com, Google, Google Earth, google maps, google search, google.com, health, healthcare, home depot, hot, hotels, hotmail, hotmail sign in, hotmail.com, hulu, imdb, infospacegames.com, justin bieber, Keywords, kohl’s, lowes, map quest, mapquest, maps, medication, medicine, msn, msnbc, netflix, NEWS, Olympic, paypal, Personhood, political action committees, RAND, search engines, sears, Southwest Airlines, square feet, target, USPS, Verizon Wireless, Walmart, Weather, weather channel, weather.com, weight loss, white pages, Wikipedia, www.facebook.com, www.google.com, www.yahoo.com, yahoo, yahoo mail, yahoo.com, you tube, YouTube, youtube videos, youtube.com
NEW ALBANY — Supporters of the so-called personhood movement, which defines life as beginning at fertilization, have formed a political action committee (PAC) to help elect anti-abortion candidates and to educate voters.
The Mississippi personhood amendment was defeated by voters Nov. 8.
Les Riley and the board of Personhood Mississippi announced Wednesday that they have created the Personhood Mississippi Political Committee and registered with the secretary of state’s office.
Riley says he and others will be organizing town hall meetings around the state to listen to concerns of voters about the amendment.
Riley says the group has not ruled out another petition drive to the issue back on the ballot.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino