Personhood supporters form political action committee
by Associated Press
Published: November 17,2011
Tags: abortion, Amazon, amazon.com, american idol, anti-abortion, aol, aol mail, aol.com, aquarius, auto trader, Best Buy, bikini, bing, birth control, break ground, Cars, charlie sheen, CNN, comcast.net, Costco, craigs list, craigslist, dailymotion, dictionary, diet, dogpile, drudge report, EBay, ebay motors, ebay.com, egotistic, elections, espn, expedia, Facebook, facebook login, facebook.com, firefox, fox news, gmail, gmail.com, Google, Google Earth, google maps, google search, google.com, health, healthcare, home depot, hot, hotels, hotmail, hotmail sign in, hotmail.com, hulu, imdb, infospacegames.com, justin bieber, Keywords, kohl’s, lowes, map quest, mapquest, maps, medication, medicine, msn, msnbc, netflix, NEWS, Olympic, paypal, Personhood, political action committees, RAND, search engines, sears, Southwest Airlines, square feet, target, USPS, Verizon Wireless, Walmart, Weather, weather channel, weather.com, weight loss, white pages, Wikipedia, www.facebook.com, www.google.com, www.yahoo.com, yahoo, yahoo mail, yahoo.com, you tube, YouTube, youtube videos, youtube.com
NEW ALBANY — Supporters of the so-called personhood movement, which defines life as beginning at fertilization, have formed a political action committee (PAC) to help elect anti-abortion candidates and to educate voters.
The Mississippi personhood amendment was defeated by voters Nov. 8.
Les Riley and the board of Personhood Mississippi announced Wednesday that they have created the Personhood Mississippi Political Committee and registered with the secretary of state’s office.
Riley says he and others will be organizing town hall meetings around the state to listen to concerns of voters about the amendment.
Riley says the group has not ruled out another petition drive to the issue back on the ballot.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability