Beef plant trial will lay bare the inner workings of complete institutional failure
Published: November 20,2011
Tags: Amazon, amazon.com, american idol, aol, aol mail, aol.com, aquarius, auto trader, Best Buy, bikini, bing, break ground, Cars, charlie sheen, CNN, comcast.net, Costco, craigs list, craigslist, dailymotion, dictionary, diet, dogpile, drudge report, EBay, ebay motors, ebay.com, egotistic, espn, expedia, Facebook, facebook login, facebook.com, firefox, fox news, gmail, gmail.com, Google, Google Earth, google maps, google search, google.com, home depot, hot, hotels, hotmail, hotmail sign in, hotmail.com, hulu, imdb, infospacegames.com, justin bieber, Keywords, kohl’s, lowes, map quest, mapquest, maps, medication, msn, msnbc, netflix, NEWS, Olympic, paypal, RAND, search engines, sears, Southwest Airlines, square feet, target, USPS, Verizon Wireless, Walmart, Weather, weather channel, weather.com, weight loss, white pages, Wikipedia, www.facebook.com, www.google.com, www.yahoo.com, yahoo, yahoo mail, yahoo.com, you tube, YouTube, youtube videos, youtube.com
Trial set to begin on Dec. 5
Another layer of the beef plant collapse will be peeled back starting Dec. 5 in Hinds County Circuit Court.
The state of Mississippi, its now-defunct Land, Water and Timber Board and the Mississippi Development Authority are suing Facility Construction Management Inc. in effort to recoup some or all of the $54 million the state lost when the cull cattle plant in Oakland closed shortly after it opened in 2004.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications