Beef plant trial will lay bare the inner workings of complete institutional failure
Published: November 20,2011
Tags: Amazon, amazon.com, american idol, aol, aol mail, aol.com, aquarius, auto trader, Best Buy, bikini, bing, break ground, Cars, charlie sheen, CNN, comcast.net, Costco, craigs list, craigslist, dailymotion, dictionary, diet, dogpile, drudge report, EBay, ebay motors, ebay.com, egotistic, espn, expedia, Facebook, facebook login, facebook.com, firefox, fox news, gmail, gmail.com, Google, Google Earth, google maps, google search, google.com, home depot, hot, hotels, hotmail, hotmail sign in, hotmail.com, hulu, imdb, infospacegames.com, justin bieber, Keywords, kohl’s, lowes, map quest, mapquest, maps, medication, msn, msnbc, netflix, NEWS, Olympic, paypal, RAND, search engines, sears, Southwest Airlines, square feet, target, USPS, Verizon Wireless, Walmart, Weather, weather channel, weather.com, weight loss, white pages, Wikipedia, www.facebook.com, www.google.com, www.yahoo.com, yahoo, yahoo mail, yahoo.com, you tube, YouTube, youtube videos, youtube.com
Trial set to begin on Dec. 5
Another layer of the beef plant collapse will be peeled back starting Dec. 5 in Hinds County Circuit Court.
The state of Mississippi, its now-defunct Land, Water and Timber Board and the Mississippi Development Authority are suing Facility Construction Management Inc. in effort to recoup some or all of the $54 million the state lost when the cull cattle plant in Oakland closed shortly after it opened in 2004.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending