Boyd named chairman
Encore Health Resources, a Houston, Texas-based provider of advanced healthcare information technology consulting services, has named Joe Boyd as its new chairman. For the past 18 months, Boyd has actively engaged with Encore in a senior advisory capacity.
Boyd holds a B.A. in history and an MBA from Mississippi State University.
He joins Encore with nearly 30 years of experience in the healthcare industry and in information technology. He began his IT career with Electronic Data Systems (EDS) in the State and Local Government Healthcare Group. After leaving EDS, he worked in the healthcare practices of KPMG Peat Marwick and GTE before joining Perot Systems in 1990.
At Perot Systems, Boyd progressed through a variety of positions and was named vice president and general manager for the healthcare industry practice in 1994. In 1997, Boyd was promoted to executive vice president and general manager for Perot Systems North American sales and operations.
After retiring from Perot Systems in 2001 he has maintained an active profile in the industry, providing management consulting and executive coaching services through his own firm, Boyd Consulting.
From 2003 until it was sold to IBM in 2005, he served as chairman of Healthlink. Today, Boyd serves as a director at OnFocus|Healthcare, MediSend International and is the current chairman of MedSynergie Inc., a physician alignment and RCM company based in Irving, Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?