McNeely named MMA chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 20,2011
Greg McNeely of Clinton has been named 2011-2012 chairman of the Mississippi Manufacturers Association. McNeely is president and co-owner of McNeely Plastics Inc., in Clinton. McNeely has served on the MMA board of directors since 2002.
He also serves on the board of directors of the Harbor House Chemical Dependency Center and is an active member of the Flexible Packaging Association, Society of the Plastics Industry and The Film & Bag Federation. He serves on the advisory councils of the Mississippi Department of Employment Security and Blueprint Mississippi, where he also serves as chairman of a sub-committee on technology commercialization.
McNeely graduated magna cum laude from Millsaps College, where he received a bachelor of business administration with a minor in economics and received membership into Omicron Delta Epsilon.
McNeely is a resident of Jackson, where he lives with his wife, Debbie, and their two children, Jacob and Emily.
In addition to McNeely, other members of the MMA executive committee are as follows: chairman-elect, Bryan Hawkins, president, Hawkeye Industries, Tupelo; vice chairman, Johnny Atherton, vice president for external affairs, Mississippi Power Co., Gulfport; secretary-treasurer, Trent Mulloy, president, Laurel Machine & Foundry Co., Laurel; immediate past chairman, Lex Taylor, chairman and CEO, The Taylor Group Inc., and president, Taylor Machine Works, Inc., Louisville; and, MMA president and CEO, Jay C. Moon, CEcD, FM.
The following MMA board members were recently selected to represent their respective districts: District 1 – newly elected was Jimmy Tatum, Roseburg Forest Products, Oxford; District 3 – newly elected was Charles Thomas III, Shuqualak Lumber Co., Shuqualak, and re-elected was Earl Walker, American Eurocopter, Starkville; District 5 – re-elected was Harry Simmons Jr., Simmons Farm Raised Catfish, Yazoo City; District 7 – Re-elected were Scott Gipson, Gipson Steel Inc., Meridian, and Don Mather, La-Z-Boy South, Newton; and, District 9 – re-elected was Bruce Reynolds, Monticello Tire & Timber, Monticello.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity