UM alum honored
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 20,2011
Eight alumni received the Alumni Association’s highest annual honors Nov. 12 as part of homecoming 2011 at the University of Mississippi. This year’s inductees into the Alumni Hall of Fame are James H. Creekmore and Wade H. Creekmore Jr., both of Jackson; Winfield Dunn of Nashville, Tenn.; Jim Weatherly of Brentwood, Tenn.; and, Scott Wegmann of Houston, Texas.
Mike Ely of Oxford received the Alumni Service Award for service to the university and the Alumni Association over an extended period.
Patrick Krutz of Novato, Calif., received the Outstanding Young Alumni Award.
Frederick W. Smith of Memphis, Tenn., received the inaugural Honorary Alumni Award.
James H. Creekmore is vice president and director of Telapex Inc., the parent company of C Spire Wireless, formerly Cellular South.
Wade H. Creekmore Jr. is president and director of Telapex Inc.
Dunn is a former governor of Tennessee.
Singer-songwriter Weatherly was an All-SEC quarterback and honorable mention All American for Ole Miss in 1964.
Wegmann is executive vice president and co-managing director in the Houston office of Cushman & Wakefield.
Ely had a 34-year career in insurance with Allstate.
Krutz is the owner and winemaker at Krutz Family Cellars in Sonoma County, Calif.
Smith is founder, chairman, president and CEO of FedEx Corp.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit