UM alum honored
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 20,2011
Eight alumni received the Alumni Association’s highest annual honors Nov. 12 as part of homecoming 2011 at the University of Mississippi. This year’s inductees into the Alumni Hall of Fame are James H. Creekmore and Wade H. Creekmore Jr., both of Jackson; Winfield Dunn of Nashville, Tenn.; Jim Weatherly of Brentwood, Tenn.; and, Scott Wegmann of Houston, Texas.
Mike Ely of Oxford received the Alumni Service Award for service to the university and the Alumni Association over an extended period.
Patrick Krutz of Novato, Calif., received the Outstanding Young Alumni Award.
Frederick W. Smith of Memphis, Tenn., received the inaugural Honorary Alumni Award.
James H. Creekmore is vice president and director of Telapex Inc., the parent company of C Spire Wireless, formerly Cellular South.
Wade H. Creekmore Jr. is president and director of Telapex Inc.
Dunn is a former governor of Tennessee.
Singer-songwriter Weatherly was an All-SEC quarterback and honorable mention All American for Ole Miss in 1964.
Wegmann is executive vice president and co-managing director in the Houston office of Cushman & Wakefield.
Ely had a 34-year career in insurance with Allstate.
Krutz is the owner and winemaker at Krutz Family Cellars in Sonoma County, Calif.
Smith is founder, chairman, president and CEO of FedEx Corp.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip