Baker Donelson strikes another merger deal
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 21,2011
JACKSON — In its second major expansion in less than a month, Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC has merged with the Orlando law firm of Litchford & Christopher Professional Association.
Terms were not disclosed.
The merger gives Baker Donelson its first Florida location and, with the firm’s move into Texas in October, marks the second new market the firm has added to its footprint in the last month.
Through the merger, Baker Donelson gains six attorneys from Litchford & Christopher: shareholders Donald E. Christopher and Hal K. Litchford, senior counsel Keith E. Rounsaville, of counsel Richard C. Swank, and associates Christine M. Ho and Marisa Rosen. The combined firm, which will continue with the name of Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC, has more than 620 attorneys and advisors across 18 offices in seven states and Washington, D.C.
Ben C. Adams, chairman and CEO of Baker Donelson, said, “With a presence in Orlando, we can broaden the representation and services that we provide to our numerous clients who do business in Florida, particularly in the areas of financial services, commercial mortgage backed securities and health care. The attorneys at Litchford & Christopher have the reputation, experience and client-focused approach that we have been seeking for our entry into Florida.”
With the establishment of its Florida presence, Baker Donelson’s growth continues. The addition of an Orlando office gives Baker Donelson its third new location this year. On Oct. 24, the firm announced its merger with the Houston law firm of Spain Chambers, marking Baker Donelson’s entry into Texas. In April, the firm established its second office in Alabama, adding a presence in Montgomery.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring