Commission OKs proposed new owners of Delta casinos
by Associated Press
Published: November 21,2011
Tags: bankruptcy, casinos, foreclsure, gambling, gaming, hospitality, hotels, lodging, management, meetings and conventions, mergers and acquisitions, ownership, restaurants, state government, tourism, tourists, visitors
TUNICA — The Mississippi Gaming Commission has approved a structure to allow the seamless transition and uninterrupted operations of the Resorts and Bally’s casinos in Tunica, according to Foundation Gaming Group, LLC.
As previously reported, the two Mississippi casinos were part of the ACH, an Atlantic City casino. New Jersey casino regulators approved a plan to keep the struggling casino open and save the jobs of nearly 2,000 workers.
The state Casino Control Commission approved a plan for the casino’s owner, Los Angeles-based Colony Capital, to pump $15 million into it to keep it afloat. In return, lenders would foreclose on and take ownership of two casinos in Mississippi that Colony owns, Bally’s Tunica and Resorts Tunica, and will wipe out the mortgage debt for ACH.
The Foundation Gaming transaction is subject to completion of the foreclosure process. Once the foreclosure process is completed, and assuming the lender is the successful bidder, Foundation Gaming would operate the two casino properties.
The transaction is expected to close on or before November 30, 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- Officials hoping quail numbers will rebound