IHL’s Borsig named preferred candidate for MUW presidency
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 21,2011
The Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning has selected Dr. James B. Borsig as the preferred candidate for the presidency of Mississippi University for Women. Borsig has over 30 years of experience in higher education, government and the private sector.
Currently serving as associate commissioner for external relations and public policy for the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning, Borsig served previously as assistant commissioner of government relations for the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning, as executive assistant to the president of the University of Southern Mississippi and as research and development coordinator for the John C. Stennis Institute of Government. Since 2007 he has been a visiting professor in the Department of Urban and Regional Planning at Jackson State University.
Borsig was recommended by the Board Search Committee, chaired by trustee Christy Pickering, with input from the Campus Search Advisory Committee and the Interview Search Advisory Committee following careful review of all applications and two rounds of interviews.
Borsig holds a bachelor’s degree in political science in American studies and a master’s degree in political science with a concentration in public administration, both from the University of Southern Mississippi. He earned his doctorate in public policy and administration from Mississippi State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image