IHL’s Borsig named preferred candidate for MUW presidency
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 21,2011
The Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning has selected Dr. James B. Borsig as the preferred candidate for the presidency of Mississippi University for Women. Borsig has over 30 years of experience in higher education, government and the private sector.
Currently serving as associate commissioner for external relations and public policy for the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning, Borsig served previously as assistant commissioner of government relations for the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning, as executive assistant to the president of the University of Southern Mississippi and as research and development coordinator for the John C. Stennis Institute of Government. Since 2007 he has been a visiting professor in the Department of Urban and Regional Planning at Jackson State University.
Borsig was recommended by the Board Search Committee, chaired by trustee Christy Pickering, with input from the Campus Search Advisory Committee and the Interview Search Advisory Committee following careful review of all applications and two rounds of interviews.
Borsig holds a bachelor’s degree in political science in American studies and a master’s degree in political science with a concentration in public administration, both from the University of Southern Mississippi. He earned his doctorate in public policy and administration from Mississippi State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability