Merchants & Marine expanding into Alabama
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 21,2011
PASCAGOULA — The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. has approved a Southeast Mississippi bank’s move into Alabama.
Merchants & Marine Bank of Pascagoula has bought Heritage First Bank branches in Gulf Shores and Crossville from Heritage First Bancshares Inc. of Rome, Ga.
Royce Cumbest, M&M’s chairman, president and CEO, says the acquisitions add assets of about $55 million.
M&M Bank has $533 million in deposits in 11 branches.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports
- Plan would give up to $1.5M to music recording, concerts
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking