Merchants & Marine expanding into Alabama
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 21,2011
PASCAGOULA — The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. has approved a Southeast Mississippi bank’s move into Alabama.
Merchants & Marine Bank of Pascagoula has bought Heritage First Bank branches in Gulf Shores and Crossville from Heritage First Bancshares Inc. of Rome, Ga.
Royce Cumbest, M&M’s chairman, president and CEO, says the acquisitions add assets of about $55 million.
M&M Bank has $533 million in deposits in 11 branches.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction