Officials plan to file annexation petition
Published: November 21,2011
PICAYUNE — The city of Picayune will file a petition in Pearl River County Chancery Court to annex land north and south of the current city limits.
The Picayune Item reports the action was taken last week by the board of aldermen.
According to a map of the annexation prepared by Dungan Engineering, the proposed annexation will include land along Mississippi 43 North, a small section along U.S. 11 south of the city limits and land along Interstate 59 as far south as exit 1 and as far north as exit 10.
City attorney Nathan Farmer says the airport and land nearby is also included.
Farmer says a judge should hold a hearing on the annexation petition within 30 to 35 days.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast