Officials plan to file annexation petition
Published: November 21,2011
PICAYUNE — The city of Picayune will file a petition in Pearl River County Chancery Court to annex land north and south of the current city limits.
The Picayune Item reports the action was taken last week by the board of aldermen.
According to a map of the annexation prepared by Dungan Engineering, the proposed annexation will include land along Mississippi 43 North, a small section along U.S. 11 south of the city limits and land along Interstate 59 as far south as exit 1 and as far north as exit 10.
City attorney Nathan Farmer says the airport and land nearby is also included.
Farmer says a judge should hold a hearing on the annexation petition within 30 to 35 days.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters