Officials plan to file annexation petition
Published: November 21,2011
PICAYUNE — The city of Picayune will file a petition in Pearl River County Chancery Court to annex land north and south of the current city limits.
The Picayune Item reports the action was taken last week by the board of aldermen.
According to a map of the annexation prepared by Dungan Engineering, the proposed annexation will include land along Mississippi 43 North, a small section along U.S. 11 south of the city limits and land along Interstate 59 as far south as exit 1 and as far north as exit 10.
City attorney Nathan Farmer says the airport and land nearby is also included.
Farmer says a judge should hold a hearing on the annexation petition within 30 to 35 days.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen