Officials plan to file annexation petition
by Associated Press
Published: November 21,2011
PICAYUNE — The city of Picayune will file a petition in Pearl River County Chancery Court to annex land north and south of the current city limits.
The Picayune Item reports the action was taken last week by the board of aldermen.
According to a map of the annexation prepared by Dungan Engineering, the proposed annexation will include land along Mississippi 43 North, a small section along U.S. 11 south of the city limits and land along Interstate 59 as far south as exit 1 and as far north as exit 10.
City attorney Nathan Farmer says the airport and land nearby is also included.
Farmer says a judge should hold a hearing on the annexation petition within 30 to 35 days.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi