Officials plan to file annexation petition
Published: November 21,2011
PICAYUNE — The city of Picayune will file a petition in Pearl River County Chancery Court to annex land north and south of the current city limits.
The Picayune Item reports the action was taken last week by the board of aldermen.
According to a map of the annexation prepared by Dungan Engineering, the proposed annexation will include land along Mississippi 43 North, a small section along U.S. 11 south of the city limits and land along Interstate 59 as far south as exit 1 and as far north as exit 10.
City attorney Nathan Farmer says the airport and land nearby is also included.
Farmer says a judge should hold a hearing on the annexation petition within 30 to 35 days.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful