Dillard’s store to ‘pop up’ in downtown Vicksburg
Published: November 22,2011
VICKSBURG — Dillard’s Department Store will bring some Christmas cheer to downtown Vicksburg for two days in November with a “pop-up store.” The special event will be part of Small Business Saturday (Nov. 26) and downtown Vicksburg’s Old Fashioned Christmas Open House Sunday (Nov. 27).
Planned days of operation are Nov. 26 from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and Nov. 27 from 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
Dillard’s will display and sell selected merchandise including UGG boots, Coach bags and perfume.
The goal of the two-day retail store is to increase shopping and traffic in downtown Vicksburg during the holiday shopping season and to encourage buying locally and shopping in the historic downtown.
Dillard’s will occupy 1311 Washington Street, a historic building that was built in the 1880s. During its early years, the three-story building housed a stationery store and the Central Shaving Parlor on the first floor with residences upstairs.
In the 1920s, the Mississippi National Guard Amory occupied the second floor above the shaving parlor. The building has undergone a number of renovations throughout the years, including losing its third floor in 1925.
The Catwalk retail store was the most recent occupant of the building, and prior to it, The Chocolate Derby was located there.
In lieu of paying rent for two days, Dillard’s will donate 10 percent of all sales to the Vicksburg Main Street program.
The two-day special event is a collaborative effort of Vicksburg Main Street and Dillard’s Department Store.
Earlier this year, Dillard’s provided the state’s first “pop-up store” in Canton in conjunction with the Canton Flea Market.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday