Production cranks up at Toyota Boshoku
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 22,2011
MANTACHIE — Toyota Boshoku Mississippi, LLC (TBMS) has started producing the seat frames and door trim for the Toyota Corolla, which is being produced at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi Inc. in Blue Springs.
TBMS is a subsidiary of Toyota Boshoku America, Inc. (Headquarter: Erlanger, Kentucky) The completed seat for the Corolla will be produced at Systems Automotive Interiors (SAI), which is the newly established minority joint venture with Toyota Boshoku America Inc. SAI will also supply to Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi.
Toyota Boshoku is located in Mantachie in Itawamba County. The 404,000-square-foot plant sits on 40 acres, and represents a capital investment of $49 million.
The plant, with the capacity to produce 150,000 seat frames and door trims annually, employs approximately 150 workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring