Production cranks up at Toyota Boshoku
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 22,2011
MANTACHIE — Toyota Boshoku Mississippi, LLC (TBMS) has started producing the seat frames and door trim for the Toyota Corolla, which is being produced at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi Inc. in Blue Springs.
TBMS is a subsidiary of Toyota Boshoku America, Inc. (Headquarter: Erlanger, Kentucky) The completed seat for the Corolla will be produced at Systems Automotive Interiors (SAI), which is the newly established minority joint venture with Toyota Boshoku America Inc. SAI will also supply to Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi.
Toyota Boshoku is located in Mantachie in Itawamba County. The 404,000-square-foot plant sits on 40 acres, and represents a capital investment of $49 million.
The plant, with the capacity to produce 150,000 seat frames and door trims annually, employs approximately 150 workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force