Production cranks up at Toyota Boshoku
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 22,2011
MANTACHIE — Toyota Boshoku Mississippi, LLC (TBMS) has started producing the seat frames and door trim for the Toyota Corolla, which is being produced at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi Inc. in Blue Springs.
TBMS is a subsidiary of Toyota Boshoku America, Inc. (Headquarter: Erlanger, Kentucky) The completed seat for the Corolla will be produced at Systems Automotive Interiors (SAI), which is the newly established minority joint venture with Toyota Boshoku America Inc. SAI will also supply to Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi.
Toyota Boshoku is located in Mantachie in Itawamba County. The 404,000-square-foot plant sits on 40 acres, and represents a capital investment of $49 million.
The plant, with the capacity to produce 150,000 seat frames and door trims annually, employs approximately 150 workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015