Production cranks up at Toyota Boshoku
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 22,2011
MANTACHIE — Toyota Boshoku Mississippi, LLC (TBMS) has started producing the seat frames and door trim for the Toyota Corolla, which is being produced at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi Inc. in Blue Springs.
TBMS is a subsidiary of Toyota Boshoku America, Inc. (Headquarter: Erlanger, Kentucky) The completed seat for the Corolla will be produced at Systems Automotive Interiors (SAI), which is the newly established minority joint venture with Toyota Boshoku America Inc. SAI will also supply to Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi.
Toyota Boshoku is located in Mantachie in Itawamba County. The 404,000-square-foot plant sits on 40 acres, and represents a capital investment of $49 million.
The plant, with the capacity to produce 150,000 seat frames and door trims annually, employs approximately 150 workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law