Production cranks up at Toyota Boshoku
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 22,2011
MANTACHIE — Toyota Boshoku Mississippi, LLC (TBMS) has started producing the seat frames and door trim for the Toyota Corolla, which is being produced at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi Inc. in Blue Springs.
TBMS is a subsidiary of Toyota Boshoku America, Inc. (Headquarter: Erlanger, Kentucky) The completed seat for the Corolla will be produced at Systems Automotive Interiors (SAI), which is the newly established minority joint venture with Toyota Boshoku America Inc. SAI will also supply to Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi.
Toyota Boshoku is located in Mantachie in Itawamba County. The 404,000-square-foot plant sits on 40 acres, and represents a capital investment of $49 million.
The plant, with the capacity to produce 150,000 seat frames and door trims annually, employs approximately 150 workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data