Coast casinos raked in more winnings in October
Published: November 23,2011
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The 11 Coast casinos won $88.2 million in October, up from $88.1 million in October 2010.
The Sun Herald reports this is the sixth month this year gross casino revenue in South Mississippi topped 2010 levels, according to the report released yesterday by the Mississippi Department of Revenue.
Winnings to date this year total $934.4 million, ahead of last year’s pace of $928.7 million at the Coast casinos.
Revenue declined at the river casinos in October, dropping from $103.5 million in October 2010 to $94 million.
Total revenue for Mississippi casinos declined by 5 percent to $182.2 million in October compared to 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap