Coast casinos raked in more winnings in October
by Associated Press
Published: November 23,2011
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The 11 Coast casinos won $88.2 million in October, up from $88.1 million in October 2010.
The Sun Herald reports this is the sixth month this year gross casino revenue in South Mississippi topped 2010 levels, according to the report released yesterday by the Mississippi Department of Revenue.
Winnings to date this year total $934.4 million, ahead of last year’s pace of $928.7 million at the Coast casinos.
Revenue declined at the river casinos in October, dropping from $103.5 million in October 2010 to $94 million.
Total revenue for Mississippi casinos declined by 5 percent to $182.2 million in October compared to 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil