Coast casinos raked in more winnings in October
Published: November 23,2011
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The 11 Coast casinos won $88.2 million in October, up from $88.1 million in October 2010.
The Sun Herald reports this is the sixth month this year gross casino revenue in South Mississippi topped 2010 levels, according to the report released yesterday by the Mississippi Department of Revenue.
Winnings to date this year total $934.4 million, ahead of last year’s pace of $928.7 million at the Coast casinos.
Revenue declined at the river casinos in October, dropping from $103.5 million in October 2010 to $94 million.
Total revenue for Mississippi casinos declined by 5 percent to $182.2 million in October compared to 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand