Coast casinos raked in more winnings in October
Published: November 23,2011
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The 11 Coast casinos won $88.2 million in October, up from $88.1 million in October 2010.
The Sun Herald reports this is the sixth month this year gross casino revenue in South Mississippi topped 2010 levels, according to the report released yesterday by the Mississippi Department of Revenue.
Winnings to date this year total $934.4 million, ahead of last year’s pace of $928.7 million at the Coast casinos.
Revenue declined at the river casinos in October, dropping from $103.5 million in October 2010 to $94 million.
Total revenue for Mississippi casinos declined by 5 percent to $182.2 million in October compared to 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics