Coast casinos raked in more winnings in October
Published: November 23,2011
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The 11 Coast casinos won $88.2 million in October, up from $88.1 million in October 2010.
The Sun Herald reports this is the sixth month this year gross casino revenue in South Mississippi topped 2010 levels, according to the report released yesterday by the Mississippi Department of Revenue.
Winnings to date this year total $934.4 million, ahead of last year’s pace of $928.7 million at the Coast casinos.
Revenue declined at the river casinos in October, dropping from $103.5 million in October 2010 to $94 million.
Total revenue for Mississippi casinos declined by 5 percent to $182.2 million in October compared to 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option