State’s casinos saw winnings fall five percent
Published: November 23,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s casinos won $182.2 million in October, down 5 percent from $191.6 million in October 2010.
The 19 river casinos won $93.9 million in October, down 9 percent from $103.5 million in the year-ago month, according to Mississippi Department of Revenue figures. Winnings at the 11 Mississippi coast casinos totaled $88.2 million, up slightly from $88.1 million the previous October.
River winnings are down 12.2 percent through the first 10 months of the year, reflecting the heavy impact of flooding in May and June. Coast winnings down less than 1 percent. Statewide, gross revenue is down 6.9 percent for year, to $1.89 billion, putting Mississippi’s casinos on track for the fourth straight year of declining revenue since 2007′s all-time high.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation