State’s casinos saw winnings fall five percent
Published: November 23,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s casinos won $182.2 million in October, down 5 percent from $191.6 million in October 2010.
The 19 river casinos won $93.9 million in October, down 9 percent from $103.5 million in the year-ago month, according to Mississippi Department of Revenue figures. Winnings at the 11 Mississippi coast casinos totaled $88.2 million, up slightly from $88.1 million the previous October.
River winnings are down 12.2 percent through the first 10 months of the year, reflecting the heavy impact of flooding in May and June. Coast winnings down less than 1 percent. Statewide, gross revenue is down 6.9 percent for year, to $1.89 billion, putting Mississippi’s casinos on track for the fourth straight year of declining revenue since 2007′s all-time high.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015