Consultants left to give convention hotel details after TCI doesn’t show
Financial adviser Porter Bingham and hotel consultant Bob Swerdling gave assurances demand for convention hotel rooms would be enough to cover sufficient to cover its $96 million debt
by Ted Carter
Published: November 27,2011
A public forum Jackson City Councilman Tony Yarber staged to hear details on a planned convention center hotel deal “right from the horse’s mouth” fell short of that expectation when the city’s proposed partner did a no-show.
Instead, the 50 or so people gathered at the Anderson United Methodist Church got some brief details on the financial arrangements and market viability for the proposed hotel partnership from consultants hired by the city. Financial adviser Porter Bingham of Atlanta and hotel development consultant Bob Swerdling of Denver punctuated…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO