Consultants left to give convention hotel details after TCI doesn’t show
Financial adviser Porter Bingham and hotel consultant Bob Swerdling gave assurances demand for convention hotel rooms would be enough to cover sufficient to cover its $96 million debt
by Ted Carter
Published: November 27,2011
A public forum Jackson City Councilman Tony Yarber staged to hear details on a planned convention center hotel deal “right from the horse’s mouth” fell short of that expectation when the city’s proposed partner did a no-show.
Instead, the 50 or so people gathered at the Anderson United Methodist Church got some brief details on the financial arrangements and market viability for the proposed hotel partnership from consultants hired by the city. Financial adviser Porter Bingham of Atlanta and hotel development consultant Bob Swerdling of Denver punctuated…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block