Consultants left to give convention hotel details after TCI doesn’t show
Financial adviser Porter Bingham and hotel consultant Bob Swerdling gave assurances demand for convention hotel rooms would be enough to cover sufficient to cover its $96 million debt
by Ted Carter
Published: November 27,2011
A public forum Jackson City Councilman Tony Yarber staged to hear details on a planned convention center hotel deal “right from the horse’s mouth” fell short of that expectation when the city’s proposed partner did a no-show.
Instead, the 50 or so people gathered at the Anderson United Methodist Church got some brief details on the financial arrangements and market viability for the proposed hotel partnership from consultants hired by the city. Financial adviser Porter Bingham of Atlanta and hotel development consultant Bob Swerdling of Denver punctuated…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love