Consultants left to give convention hotel details after TCI doesn’t show
Financial adviser Porter Bingham and hotel consultant Bob Swerdling gave assurances demand for convention hotel rooms would be enough to cover sufficient to cover its $96 million debt
by Ted Carter
Published: November 27,2011
A public forum Jackson City Councilman Tony Yarber staged to hear details on a planned convention center hotel deal “right from the horse’s mouth” fell short of that expectation when the city’s proposed partner did a no-show.
Instead, the 50 or so people gathered at the Anderson United Methodist Church got some brief details on the financial arrangements and market viability for the proposed hotel partnership from consultants hired by the city. Financial adviser Porter Bingham of Atlanta and hotel development consultant Bob Swerdling of Denver punctuated…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey