Peabody to take command of Mississippi Valley Division of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 27,2011
Tags: 299th Engineer Battalion, 4th Infantry Division at Fort Hood, 618th Engineer Company, 82nd Airborne Division, Cincinnati, Engineer Brigade for the 3rd Infantry Division, Maj. Gen. John W. Peabody, Maj. Gen. Michael J. Walsh, Mississippi Valley Division, Ohio, Operation Iraqi Freedom I, Pacific Ocean Division of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Army Corp of Engineers
In a formal change of command ceremony, Maj. Gen. Michael J. Walsh transferred command of the Mississippi Valley Division, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, to Maj. Gen. John W. Peabody Nov. 10.
Walsh, MVD commander and president of the Mississippi River Commission since February 2008, has been assigned as the deputy commanding general for civil and emergency operations for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Washington, D.C.
Peabody comes to Vicksburg from Cincinnati, Ohio, where he was commander and division engineer of the Corps’ Great Lakes and Ohio River Division. Previous commands include the 618th Engineer Company (Light Equipment) (Airborne), 82nd Airborne Division; the 299th Engineer Battalion, 4th Infantry Division at Fort Hood; the Engineer Brigade for the 3rd Infantry Division during Operation Iraqi Freedom I; and, the Pacific Ocean Division of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job