Peabody to take command of Mississippi Valley Division of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 27,2011
Tags: 299th Engineer Battalion, 4th Infantry Division at Fort Hood, 618th Engineer Company, 82nd Airborne Division, Cincinnati, Engineer Brigade for the 3rd Infantry Division, Maj. Gen. John W. Peabody, Maj. Gen. Michael J. Walsh, Mississippi Valley Division, Ohio, Operation Iraqi Freedom I, Pacific Ocean Division of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Army Corp of Engineers
In a formal change of command ceremony, Maj. Gen. Michael J. Walsh transferred command of the Mississippi Valley Division, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, to Maj. Gen. John W. Peabody Nov. 10.
Walsh, MVD commander and president of the Mississippi River Commission since February 2008, has been assigned as the deputy commanding general for civil and emergency operations for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Washington, D.C.
Peabody comes to Vicksburg from Cincinnati, Ohio, where he was commander and division engineer of the Corps’ Great Lakes and Ohio River Division. Previous commands include the 618th Engineer Company (Light Equipment) (Airborne), 82nd Airborne Division; the 299th Engineer Battalion, 4th Infantry Division at Fort Hood; the Engineer Brigade for the 3rd Infantry Division during Operation Iraqi Freedom I; and, the Pacific Ocean Division of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter