Peabody to take command of Mississippi Valley Division of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 27,2011
Tags: 299th Engineer Battalion, 4th Infantry Division at Fort Hood, 618th Engineer Company, 82nd Airborne Division, Cincinnati, Engineer Brigade for the 3rd Infantry Division, Maj. Gen. John W. Peabody, Maj. Gen. Michael J. Walsh, Mississippi Valley Division, Ohio, Operation Iraqi Freedom I, Pacific Ocean Division of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Army Corp of Engineers
In a formal change of command ceremony, Maj. Gen. Michael J. Walsh transferred command of the Mississippi Valley Division, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, to Maj. Gen. John W. Peabody Nov. 10.
Walsh, MVD commander and president of the Mississippi River Commission since February 2008, has been assigned as the deputy commanding general for civil and emergency operations for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Washington, D.C.
Peabody comes to Vicksburg from Cincinnati, Ohio, where he was commander and division engineer of the Corps’ Great Lakes and Ohio River Division. Previous commands include the 618th Engineer Company (Light Equipment) (Airborne), 82nd Airborne Division; the 299th Engineer Battalion, 4th Infantry Division at Fort Hood; the Engineer Brigade for the 3rd Infantry Division during Operation Iraqi Freedom I; and, the Pacific Ocean Division of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip