Peabody to take command of Mississippi Valley Division of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 27,2011
Tags: 299th Engineer Battalion, 4th Infantry Division at Fort Hood, 618th Engineer Company, 82nd Airborne Division, Cincinnati, Engineer Brigade for the 3rd Infantry Division, Maj. Gen. John W. Peabody, Maj. Gen. Michael J. Walsh, Mississippi Valley Division, Ohio, Operation Iraqi Freedom I, Pacific Ocean Division of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Army Corp of Engineers
In a formal change of command ceremony, Maj. Gen. Michael J. Walsh transferred command of the Mississippi Valley Division, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, to Maj. Gen. John W. Peabody Nov. 10.
Walsh, MVD commander and president of the Mississippi River Commission since February 2008, has been assigned as the deputy commanding general for civil and emergency operations for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Washington, D.C.
Peabody comes to Vicksburg from Cincinnati, Ohio, where he was commander and division engineer of the Corps’ Great Lakes and Ohio River Division. Previous commands include the 618th Engineer Company (Light Equipment) (Airborne), 82nd Airborne Division; the 299th Engineer Battalion, 4th Infantry Division at Fort Hood; the Engineer Brigade for the 3rd Infantry Division during Operation Iraqi Freedom I; and, the Pacific Ocean Division of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun