Peabody to take command of Mississippi Valley Division of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 27,2011
Tags: 299th Engineer Battalion, 4th Infantry Division at Fort Hood, 618th Engineer Company, 82nd Airborne Division, Cincinnati, Engineer Brigade for the 3rd Infantry Division, Maj. Gen. John W. Peabody, Maj. Gen. Michael J. Walsh, Mississippi Valley Division, Ohio, Operation Iraqi Freedom I, Pacific Ocean Division of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Army Corp of Engineers
In a formal change of command ceremony, Maj. Gen. Michael J. Walsh transferred command of the Mississippi Valley Division, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, to Maj. Gen. John W. Peabody Nov. 10.
Walsh, MVD commander and president of the Mississippi River Commission since February 2008, has been assigned as the deputy commanding general for civil and emergency operations for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Washington, D.C.
Peabody comes to Vicksburg from Cincinnati, Ohio, where he was commander and division engineer of the Corps’ Great Lakes and Ohio River Division. Previous commands include the 618th Engineer Company (Light Equipment) (Airborne), 82nd Airborne Division; the 299th Engineer Battalion, 4th Infantry Division at Fort Hood; the Engineer Brigade for the 3rd Infantry Division during Operation Iraqi Freedom I; and, the Pacific Ocean Division of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?