Todd Trenchard named new chairman at Jackson County Chamber of Commerce
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 27,2011
The Jackson County Chamber of Commerce installed Todd Trenchard as chairman of the organization for 2011-2012 at the Chamber’s Annual meeting. Trenchard is a senior vice president and the public relations and business development director of Merchants & Marine Bank in Pascagoula and executive director of the Bacot McCarty Foundation.
He has served on the Chamber’s Executive Committee for the past year and as a member of its board of directors. Trenchard has been recognized for his support and partnership with the Leadership Jackson County Classes as well as the Chamber’s Ambassador’s Program.
Trenchard, who resides in Ocean Springs, currently is president of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Jackson County, a board member with the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Foundation, sits on the YMCA regional board of directors, is the annual co-chairman of the Jolly Memorial Celebrity Golf Classic all while serving on several other key advisory councils throughout the Gulf Coast Region.
He has served as chairman of the board of the Salvation Army, president and board member of the Pascagoula Rotary Club, president of the Gideon Ministry, vice chairman of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Habitat for Humanity organization as well as the Chairman of the 2008 Jimmy Carter Work Project. He has acted as vice chairman of the Gulf Coast YMCA and was a founder and executive board member of Rebuild Jackson County.
He is a graduate of the University Southern Mississippi, Leadership Jackson County, Leadership Mississippi as well as the Gulf Coast Business Council’s Master’s Leadership Class. He has been honored by the Mississippi Legal Services Corporation as the State of Mississippi’s Southern Region’s Top Community Leader and was inducted by the Sun Herald and Gov. Haley Barbour into the Roland Weeks Hall of Fame as one of South Mississippi’s Top Community Leaders.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports