Todd Trenchard named new chairman at Jackson County Chamber of Commerce
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 27,2011
The Jackson County Chamber of Commerce installed Todd Trenchard as chairman of the organization for 2011-2012 at the Chamber’s Annual meeting. Trenchard is a senior vice president and the public relations and business development director of Merchants & Marine Bank in Pascagoula and executive director of the Bacot McCarty Foundation.
He has served on the Chamber’s Executive Committee for the past year and as a member of its board of directors. Trenchard has been recognized for his support and partnership with the Leadership Jackson County Classes as well as the Chamber’s Ambassador’s Program.
Trenchard, who resides in Ocean Springs, currently is president of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Jackson County, a board member with the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Foundation, sits on the YMCA regional board of directors, is the annual co-chairman of the Jolly Memorial Celebrity Golf Classic all while serving on several other key advisory councils throughout the Gulf Coast Region.
He has served as chairman of the board of the Salvation Army, president and board member of the Pascagoula Rotary Club, president of the Gideon Ministry, vice chairman of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Habitat for Humanity organization as well as the Chairman of the 2008 Jimmy Carter Work Project. He has acted as vice chairman of the Gulf Coast YMCA and was a founder and executive board member of Rebuild Jackson County.
He is a graduate of the University Southern Mississippi, Leadership Jackson County, Leadership Mississippi as well as the Gulf Coast Business Council’s Master’s Leadership Class. He has been honored by the Mississippi Legal Services Corporation as the State of Mississippi’s Southern Region’s Top Community Leader and was inducted by the Sun Herald and Gov. Haley Barbour into the Roland Weeks Hall of Fame as one of South Mississippi’s Top Community Leaders.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015