Flyover construction project taking shape on Coast
Published: November 28,2011
JACKSON COUNTY — The foundation is in the ground, the beams are up and a multimillion-dollar flyover project is taking shape near the intersection of U.S. 90 and Mississippi 63.
State transportation officials tell The Mississippi Press the project is meant to make commutes more efficient through east Jackson County’s industrial corridor.
The project will link Mississippi Highways 61 and 611, bypassing U.S. 90 and the CSX railroad. Mississippi 611, also known as Industrial Road, will be widened to five lanes up to Gulf LNG Energy’s liquefied natural gas facility.
Local officials say the project is important to keeping the county’s prime industrial corridor growing.
State officials say safety is another factor, as trucks carry large amounts of chemicals and other products over the railroad crossing each day.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image