Flyover construction project taking shape on Coast
by Associated Press
Published: November 28,2011
JACKSON COUNTY — The foundation is in the ground, the beams are up and a multimillion-dollar flyover project is taking shape near the intersection of U.S. 90 and Mississippi 63.
State transportation officials tell The Mississippi Press the project is meant to make commutes more efficient through east Jackson County’s industrial corridor.
The project will link Mississippi Highways 61 and 611, bypassing U.S. 90 and the CSX railroad. Mississippi 611, also known as Industrial Road, will be widened to five lanes up to Gulf LNG Energy’s liquefied natural gas facility.
Local officials say the project is important to keeping the county’s prime industrial corridor growing.
State officials say safety is another factor, as trucks carry large amounts of chemicals and other products over the railroad crossing each day.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Nullification and interposition
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable
- Ag officials say late planting reaching historical proportions