Flyover construction project taking shape on Coast
Published: November 28,2011
JACKSON COUNTY — The foundation is in the ground, the beams are up and a multimillion-dollar flyover project is taking shape near the intersection of U.S. 90 and Mississippi 63.
State transportation officials tell The Mississippi Press the project is meant to make commutes more efficient through east Jackson County’s industrial corridor.
The project will link Mississippi Highways 61 and 611, bypassing U.S. 90 and the CSX railroad. Mississippi 611, also known as Industrial Road, will be widened to five lanes up to Gulf LNG Energy’s liquefied natural gas facility.
Local officials say the project is important to keeping the county’s prime industrial corridor growing.
State officials say safety is another factor, as trucks carry large amounts of chemicals and other products over the railroad crossing each day.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that