Flyover construction project taking shape on Coast
Published: November 28,2011
JACKSON COUNTY — The foundation is in the ground, the beams are up and a multimillion-dollar flyover project is taking shape near the intersection of U.S. 90 and Mississippi 63.
State transportation officials tell The Mississippi Press the project is meant to make commutes more efficient through east Jackson County’s industrial corridor.
The project will link Mississippi Highways 61 and 611, bypassing U.S. 90 and the CSX railroad. Mississippi 611, also known as Industrial Road, will be widened to five lanes up to Gulf LNG Energy’s liquefied natural gas facility.
Local officials say the project is important to keeping the county’s prime industrial corridor growing.
State officials say safety is another factor, as trucks carry large amounts of chemicals and other products over the railroad crossing each day.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal