Flyover construction project taking shape on Coast
Published: November 28,2011
JACKSON COUNTY — The foundation is in the ground, the beams are up and a multimillion-dollar flyover project is taking shape near the intersection of U.S. 90 and Mississippi 63.
State transportation officials tell The Mississippi Press the project is meant to make commutes more efficient through east Jackson County’s industrial corridor.
The project will link Mississippi Highways 61 and 611, bypassing U.S. 90 and the CSX railroad. Mississippi 611, also known as Industrial Road, will be widened to five lanes up to Gulf LNG Energy’s liquefied natural gas facility.
Local officials say the project is important to keeping the county’s prime industrial corridor growing.
State officials say safety is another factor, as trucks carry large amounts of chemicals and other products over the railroad crossing each day.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion
- Judge rules for Fish and Wildlife Service in frog habitat case
- Diamondhead Casino Corporation wins site approval