Journal Inc. buys group of weekly newspapers
Published: November 28,2011
TUPELO — Journal Inc., which publishes the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal in Tupelo, has acquired a group of weekly community newspapers in the suburban Memphis, Tenn., area.
The company reports details of the transaction were not disclosed.
Clay Foster, CEO of Journal Inc., says the company acquired the Bartlett Express, Millington Star, Collierville Independent, Shelby Sun Times, Oakland News and Classified Advantage. Foster says the company also will produce The BlueJacket for the Millington Naval Base.
Foster says Journal Inc. will now publish 20 publications in Mississippi and Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Journal Inc. buys group of weekly newspapers”
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office