Journal Inc. buys group of weekly newspapers
Published: November 28,2011
TUPELO — Journal Inc., which publishes the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal in Tupelo, has acquired a group of weekly community newspapers in the suburban Memphis, Tenn., area.
The company reports details of the transaction were not disclosed.
Clay Foster, CEO of Journal Inc., says the company acquired the Bartlett Express, Millington Star, Collierville Independent, Shelby Sun Times, Oakland News and Classified Advantage. Foster says the company also will produce The BlueJacket for the Millington Naval Base.
Foster says Journal Inc. will now publish 20 publications in Mississippi and Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Journal Inc. buys group of weekly newspapers”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41