County officials making ‘wish list’ for lawmakers
Published: November 29,2011
HERNANDO — DeSoto County officials want to be sure lawmakers know what local needs are before the Legislature convenes in January.
The Commercial Appeal reports supervisors are working up a wish list ahead of a planned Dec. 5 meeting with local legislators.
County Administrator Michael Garriga says officials are compiling “a comprehensive and concise list” of priorities for lawmakers to hold as a resource next year.
There’s the Section 42 housing tax loophole and unfunded mandates which DeSoto officials want scrapped. There’s also adequate funding for schools and expanded broadband service into underserved areas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion