County officials making ‘wish list’ for lawmakers
by Associated Press
Published: November 29,2011
HERNANDO — DeSoto County officials want to be sure lawmakers know what local needs are before the Legislature convenes in January.
The Commercial Appeal reports supervisors are working up a wish list ahead of a planned Dec. 5 meeting with local legislators.
County Administrator Michael Garriga says officials are compiling “a comprehensive and concise list” of priorities for lawmakers to hold as a resource next year.
There’s the Section 42 housing tax loophole and unfunded mandates which DeSoto officials want scrapped. There’s also adequate funding for schools and expanded broadband service into underserved areas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- Brandon biometrics firm merges fingerprinting and smartphones
- With tar balls still common, some question end of oil spill cleanup
- Madison doctor explores JFK assassination in chilling thriller
- Ingalls lands another, $76.8M Coast Guard cutter
- Supervisors to talk about rising costs, dwindling budget