County officials making ‘wish list’ for lawmakers
Published: November 29,2011
HERNANDO — DeSoto County officials want to be sure lawmakers know what local needs are before the Legislature convenes in January.
The Commercial Appeal reports supervisors are working up a wish list ahead of a planned Dec. 5 meeting with local legislators.
County Administrator Michael Garriga says officials are compiling “a comprehensive and concise list” of priorities for lawmakers to hold as a resource next year.
There’s the Section 42 housing tax loophole and unfunded mandates which DeSoto officials want scrapped. There’s also adequate funding for schools and expanded broadband service into underserved areas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval