County officials making ‘wish list’ for lawmakers
Published: November 29,2011
HERNANDO — DeSoto County officials want to be sure lawmakers know what local needs are before the Legislature convenes in January.
The Commercial Appeal reports supervisors are working up a wish list ahead of a planned Dec. 5 meeting with local legislators.
County Administrator Michael Garriga says officials are compiling “a comprehensive and concise list” of priorities for lawmakers to hold as a resource next year.
There’s the Section 42 housing tax loophole and unfunded mandates which DeSoto officials want scrapped. There’s also adequate funding for schools and expanded broadband service into underserved areas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments