County officials making ‘wish list’ for lawmakers
Published: November 29,2011
HERNANDO — DeSoto County officials want to be sure lawmakers know what local needs are before the Legislature convenes in January.
The Commercial Appeal reports supervisors are working up a wish list ahead of a planned Dec. 5 meeting with local legislators.
County Administrator Michael Garriga says officials are compiling “a comprehensive and concise list” of priorities for lawmakers to hold as a resource next year.
There’s the Section 42 housing tax loophole and unfunded mandates which DeSoto officials want scrapped. There’s also adequate funding for schools and expanded broadband service into underserved areas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Catfish industry launches TV advertising campaign
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Student body presidents pushing for on-time graduation
- NCCI petitioning for workers' comp rate decrease