TVA reports 270 percent improvement in power savings
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 29,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — Energy efficiency initiatives by the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) and local power distributors reduced electric power consumption by 559 gigawatt-hours in fiscal year 2011 — a 270 percent improvement in power savings over last year — according to TVA.
TVA’s energy efficiency programs have reduced the region’s electricity use by 765 gigawatt-hours over the last two years, conserving enough energy to power 50,000 area households for an entire year. One gigawatt-hour equals the power used to burn a single 100-watt light bulb for 10 million hours.
TVA’s EnergyRight Solutions suite of energy efficiency programs is available for homes, businesses and industries throughout the Tennessee Valley.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “TVA reports 270 percent improvement in power savings”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders