TVA reports 270 percent improvement in power savings
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 29,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — Energy efficiency initiatives by the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) and local power distributors reduced electric power consumption by 559 gigawatt-hours in fiscal year 2011 — a 270 percent improvement in power savings over last year — according to TVA.
TVA’s energy efficiency programs have reduced the region’s electricity use by 765 gigawatt-hours over the last two years, conserving enough energy to power 50,000 area households for an entire year. One gigawatt-hour equals the power used to burn a single 100-watt light bulb for 10 million hours.
TVA’s EnergyRight Solutions suite of energy efficiency programs is available for homes, businesses and industries throughout the Tennessee Valley.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “TVA reports 270 percent improvement in power savings”
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur