TVA reports 270 percent improvement in power savings
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 29,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — Energy efficiency initiatives by the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) and local power distributors reduced electric power consumption by 559 gigawatt-hours in fiscal year 2011 — a 270 percent improvement in power savings over last year — according to TVA.
TVA’s energy efficiency programs have reduced the region’s electricity use by 765 gigawatt-hours over the last two years, conserving enough energy to power 50,000 area households for an entire year. One gigawatt-hour equals the power used to burn a single 100-watt light bulb for 10 million hours.
TVA’s EnergyRight Solutions suite of energy efficiency programs is available for homes, businesses and industries throughout the Tennessee Valley.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “TVA reports 270 percent improvement in power savings”
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years