TVA reports 270 percent improvement in power savings
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 29,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — Energy efficiency initiatives by the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) and local power distributors reduced electric power consumption by 559 gigawatt-hours in fiscal year 2011 — a 270 percent improvement in power savings over last year — according to TVA.
TVA’s energy efficiency programs have reduced the region’s electricity use by 765 gigawatt-hours over the last two years, conserving enough energy to power 50,000 area households for an entire year. One gigawatt-hour equals the power used to burn a single 100-watt light bulb for 10 million hours.
TVA’s EnergyRight Solutions suite of energy efficiency programs is available for homes, businesses and industries throughout the Tennessee Valley.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “TVA reports 270 percent improvement in power savings”
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones