Borsig could be named MUW president today
Published: November 30,2011
COLUMBUS — The preferred candidate to become president of Mississippi University for Women is touring the Columbus campus today and could be offered the job by the end of the day.
The state College Board announced Nov. 17 that Jim Borsig is its choice to lead MUW.
Borsig is currently the associate commissioner for external relations and public policy at the College Board. He holds degrees from the University of Southern Mississippi and Mississippi State University.
Meetings are scheduled on the MUW campus from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. today, followed by a College Board meeting there. The board will discuss whether to formally offer Borsig the presidency.
Claudia Limbert was MUW president from April 2002 until this past May. Allegra Brigham has been interim president since Limbert retired.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Short supplies, high demand boost cattle producer profits
- State certifies school referendum for 2015 ballot