Borsig could be named MUW president today
Published: November 30,2011
COLUMBUS — The preferred candidate to become president of Mississippi University for Women is touring the Columbus campus today and could be offered the job by the end of the day.
The state College Board announced Nov. 17 that Jim Borsig is its choice to lead MUW.
Borsig is currently the associate commissioner for external relations and public policy at the College Board. He holds degrees from the University of Southern Mississippi and Mississippi State University.
Meetings are scheduled on the MUW campus from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. today, followed by a College Board meeting there. The board will discuss whether to formally offer Borsig the presidency.
Claudia Limbert was MUW president from April 2002 until this past May. Allegra Brigham has been interim president since Limbert retired.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year