Borsig could be named MUW president today
Published: November 30,2011
COLUMBUS — The preferred candidate to become president of Mississippi University for Women is touring the Columbus campus today and could be offered the job by the end of the day.
The state College Board announced Nov. 17 that Jim Borsig is its choice to lead MUW.
Borsig is currently the associate commissioner for external relations and public policy at the College Board. He holds degrees from the University of Southern Mississippi and Mississippi State University.
Meetings are scheduled on the MUW campus from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. today, followed by a College Board meeting there. The board will discuss whether to formally offer Borsig the presidency.
Claudia Limbert was MUW president from April 2002 until this past May. Allegra Brigham has been interim president since Limbert retired.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state