Borsig could be named MUW president today
Published: November 30,2011
COLUMBUS — The preferred candidate to become president of Mississippi University for Women is touring the Columbus campus today and could be offered the job by the end of the day.
The state College Board announced Nov. 17 that Jim Borsig is its choice to lead MUW.
Borsig is currently the associate commissioner for external relations and public policy at the College Board. He holds degrees from the University of Southern Mississippi and Mississippi State University.
Meetings are scheduled on the MUW campus from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. today, followed by a College Board meeting there. The board will discuss whether to formally offer Borsig the presidency.
Claudia Limbert was MUW president from April 2002 until this past May. Allegra Brigham has been interim president since Limbert retired.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible