Borsig could be named MUW president today
Published: November 30,2011
COLUMBUS — The preferred candidate to become president of Mississippi University for Women is touring the Columbus campus today and could be offered the job by the end of the day.
The state College Board announced Nov. 17 that Jim Borsig is its choice to lead MUW.
Borsig is currently the associate commissioner for external relations and public policy at the College Board. He holds degrees from the University of Southern Mississippi and Mississippi State University.
Meetings are scheduled on the MUW campus from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. today, followed by a College Board meeting there. The board will discuss whether to formally offer Borsig the presidency.
Claudia Limbert was MUW president from April 2002 until this past May. Allegra Brigham has been interim president since Limbert retired.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued