New Coast neighborhood offers ‘cottage village’
Published: December 1,2011
PASS CHRISTIAN — A new neighborhood in downtown Pass Christian is expected to appeal to people who want to live and work in the heart of Gulf Coast town.
WLOX-TV in Biloxi reports the neighborhood is a mixture of MEMA cottages and what’s being called “green cottages.” There are 40 cottages in all.
Twenty of the rental homes are one-story, refurbished Mississippi Cottages that were donated by a nonprofit group.
The rest are two-story cottages designed to be energy efficient, from the electrical and water fixtures to the appliances. Part of the funding comes from a grant that supports building “greener” homes.
The cottages are expected to be finished in mid-February. There are one-, two- and three-bedroom models. The rent ranges from $500 a month to $1,200 a month.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino