New Coast neighborhood offers ‘cottage village’
Published: December 1,2011
PASS CHRISTIAN — A new neighborhood in downtown Pass Christian is expected to appeal to people who want to live and work in the heart of Gulf Coast town.
WLOX-TV in Biloxi reports the neighborhood is a mixture of MEMA cottages and what’s being called “green cottages.” There are 40 cottages in all.
Twenty of the rental homes are one-story, refurbished Mississippi Cottages that were donated by a nonprofit group.
The rest are two-story cottages designed to be energy efficient, from the electrical and water fixtures to the appliances. Part of the funding comes from a grant that supports building “greener” homes.
The cottages are expected to be finished in mid-February. There are one-, two- and three-bedroom models. The rent ranges from $500 a month to $1,200 a month.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Plan would give up to $1.5M to music recording, concerts
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking