New Coast neighborhood offers ‘cottage village’
Published: December 1,2011
PASS CHRISTIAN — A new neighborhood in downtown Pass Christian is expected to appeal to people who want to live and work in the heart of Gulf Coast town.
WLOX-TV in Biloxi reports the neighborhood is a mixture of MEMA cottages and what’s being called “green cottages.” There are 40 cottages in all.
Twenty of the rental homes are one-story, refurbished Mississippi Cottages that were donated by a nonprofit group.
The rest are two-story cottages designed to be energy efficient, from the electrical and water fixtures to the appliances. Part of the funding comes from a grant that supports building “greener” homes.
The cottages are expected to be finished in mid-February. There are one-, two- and three-bedroom models. The rent ranges from $500 a month to $1,200 a month.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter