New Coast neighborhood offers ‘cottage village’
Published: December 1,2011
PASS CHRISTIAN — A new neighborhood in downtown Pass Christian is expected to appeal to people who want to live and work in the heart of Gulf Coast town.
WLOX-TV in Biloxi reports the neighborhood is a mixture of MEMA cottages and what’s being called “green cottages.” There are 40 cottages in all.
Twenty of the rental homes are one-story, refurbished Mississippi Cottages that were donated by a nonprofit group.
The rest are two-story cottages designed to be energy efficient, from the electrical and water fixtures to the appliances. Part of the funding comes from a grant that supports building “greener” homes.
The cottages are expected to be finished in mid-February. There are one-, two- and three-bedroom models. The rent ranges from $500 a month to $1,200 a month.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today