New Coast neighborhood offers ‘cottage village’
by Associated Press
Published: December 1,2011
PASS CHRISTIAN — A new neighborhood in downtown Pass Christian is expected to appeal to people who want to live and work in the heart of Gulf Coast town.
WLOX-TV in Biloxi reports the neighborhood is a mixture of MEMA cottages and what’s being called “green cottages.” There are 40 cottages in all.
Twenty of the rental homes are one-story, refurbished Mississippi Cottages that were donated by a nonprofit group.
The rest are two-story cottages designed to be energy efficient, from the electrical and water fixtures to the appliances. Part of the funding comes from a grant that supports building “greener” homes.
The cottages are expected to be finished in mid-February. There are one-, two- and three-bedroom models. The rent ranges from $500 a month to $1,200 a month.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center