Site work underway for new casino in Natchez
Published: December 1,2011
NATCHEZ — Construction crews are currently working to stabilize the ground at the Roth Hill casino site in preparation for the construction of a second Natchez casino, which is scheduled to be complete next October.
The Natchez Democrat reports the site’s construction crew worked yesterday to drill pilings 70 feet into the ground to stabilize the soil where the Premier Gaming Group casino’s 307-space parking garage will be located.
Colin Uter, owner of Blade Construction and the project’s general contractor, said the crew had completed 185 of the 232 total piles yesterday afternoon. He said the crew should be finished with the piling work tomorrow.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015