Site work underway for new casino in Natchez
Published: December 1,2011
NATCHEZ — Construction crews are currently working to stabilize the ground at the Roth Hill casino site in preparation for the construction of a second Natchez casino, which is scheduled to be complete next October.
The Natchez Democrat reports the site’s construction crew worked yesterday to drill pilings 70 feet into the ground to stabilize the soil where the Premier Gaming Group casino’s 307-space parking garage will be located.
Colin Uter, owner of Blade Construction and the project’s general contractor, said the crew had completed 185 of the 232 total piles yesterday afternoon. He said the crew should be finished with the piling work tomorrow.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus