Site work underway for new casino in Natchez
Published: December 1,2011
NATCHEZ — Construction crews are currently working to stabilize the ground at the Roth Hill casino site in preparation for the construction of a second Natchez casino, which is scheduled to be complete next October.
The Natchez Democrat reports the site’s construction crew worked yesterday to drill pilings 70 feet into the ground to stabilize the soil where the Premier Gaming Group casino’s 307-space parking garage will be located.
Colin Uter, owner of Blade Construction and the project’s general contractor, said the crew had completed 185 of the 232 total piles yesterday afternoon. He said the crew should be finished with the piling work tomorrow.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Baker Donelson recognized