Site work underway for new casino in Natchez
Published: December 1,2011
NATCHEZ — Construction crews are currently working to stabilize the ground at the Roth Hill casino site in preparation for the construction of a second Natchez casino, which is scheduled to be complete next October.
The Natchez Democrat reports the site’s construction crew worked yesterday to drill pilings 70 feet into the ground to stabilize the soil where the Premier Gaming Group casino’s 307-space parking garage will be located.
Colin Uter, owner of Blade Construction and the project’s general contractor, said the crew had completed 185 of the 232 total piles yesterday afternoon. He said the crew should be finished with the piling work tomorrow.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love