Christmas tree growers feel ‘Grinch-ed’ by tax stories
Published: December 4,2011
Growers now hope consumers visit their operations and see prices are generally the same as last year.
“Here we are trying to self-promote our industry, and we get this,” said Michael May, owner of the Lazy Acres Plantation near Chunky and executive secretary of the Southern Christmas Tree Association. “Sometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Digital Editions - magazines
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game