Christmas tree growers feel ‘Grinch-ed’ by tax stories
by Wally Northway
Published: December 4,2011
Growers now hope consumers visit their operations and see prices are generally the same as last year.
“Here we are trying to self-promote our industry, and we get this,” said Michael May, owner of the Lazy Acres Plantation near Chunky and executive secretary of the Southern Christmas Tree Association. “Sometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- The link between education and economic development
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing