Christmas tree growers feel ‘Grinch-ed’ by tax stories
Published: December 4,2011
Growers now hope consumers visit their operations and see prices are generally the same as last year.
“Here we are trying to self-promote our industry, and we get this,” said Michael May, owner of the Lazy Acres Plantation near Chunky and executive secretary of the Southern Christmas Tree Association. “Sometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO