Cities realize hike-bike trails good for local economy
Published: December 4,2011
Recently, the cities of Jackson, Ridgeland and Flowood received a collective total of $3.1 million for pedestrian trail enhancements awarded through the Mississippi Department of Transportation.
Jackson received $1.1 million to build a new hike and bike trail that will start at the Mississippi Agriculture Museum and end at the Farmer’s Market downtown. Heart of Mississippi Trails signs will appear along the route…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen