Cities realize hike-bike trails good for local economy
by Amy McCullough
Published: December 4,2011
Recently, the cities of Jackson, Ridgeland and Flowood received a collective total of $3.1 million for pedestrian trail enhancements awarded through the Mississippi Department of Transportation.
Jackson received $1.1 million to build a new hike and bike trail that will start at the Mississippi Agriculture Museum and end at the Farmer’s Market downtown. Heart of Mississippi Trails signs will appear along the route…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- Nullification and interposition
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable