Dews certified, Kosko added at Southern Bone and Joint Specialists
Dr. Robert Dews of Southern Bone and Joint Specialists, P.A., a fellowship-trained, sports medicine orthopaedic surgeon, was awarded board certification by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. Dews, a Hattiesburg native, received his bachelor’s degree from Millsaps College. He received his medical degree from the University of Mississippi Medical Center where he also completed a residency. He completed an AO Trauma fellowship at Watauga Orthopedics and a sports medicine fellowship at Mississippi Sports Medicine.
He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, American College of Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy Association of North America, American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine and Mississippi Orthopaedic Society.
In a separate item, John H. Kosko, M.D., a fellowship trained foot and ankle specialist, has joined Southern Bone and Joint. Kosko, a Greenwood native, graduated summa cum laude in biological engineering from Mississippi State University. He received his doctor of medicine degree magna cum laude from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine. He completed an orthopaedic residency from the University of Mississippi Medical Center. At UMC, he received the Department of Orthopedics OITE Award, Resident Research Award, Citizenship Award and Best Orthopaedic Teaching Resident. He completed a fellowship in foot and ankle reconstruction from OrthoCarolina Foot and Ankle Institute in Charlotte, N.C.
Kosko was a visiting medical student to the University of Oxford and the Nuffield Orthopaedic Center in Oxford, England. He completed an AO Fellowship in Luzern, Switzerland.
He is a member of the American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and Mississippi Orthopaedic Society.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal