Dews certified, Kosko added at Southern Bone and Joint Specialists
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 4,2011
Dr. Robert Dews of Southern Bone and Joint Specialists, P.A., a fellowship-trained, sports medicine orthopaedic surgeon, was awarded board certification by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. Dews, a Hattiesburg native, received his bachelor’s degree from Millsaps College. He received his medical degree from the University of Mississippi Medical Center where he also completed a residency. He completed an AO Trauma fellowship at Watauga Orthopedics and a sports medicine fellowship at Mississippi Sports Medicine.
He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, American College of Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy Association of North America, American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine and Mississippi Orthopaedic Society.
In a separate item, John H. Kosko, M.D., a fellowship trained foot and ankle specialist, has joined Southern Bone and Joint. Kosko, a Greenwood native, graduated summa cum laude in biological engineering from Mississippi State University. He received his doctor of medicine degree magna cum laude from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine. He completed an orthopaedic residency from the University of Mississippi Medical Center. At UMC, he received the Department of Orthopedics OITE Award, Resident Research Award, Citizenship Award and Best Orthopaedic Teaching Resident. He completed a fellowship in foot and ankle reconstruction from OrthoCarolina Foot and Ankle Institute in Charlotte, N.C.
Kosko was a visiting medical student to the University of Oxford and the Nuffield Orthopaedic Center in Oxford, England. He completed an AO Fellowship in Luzern, Switzerland.
He is a member of the American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and Mississippi Orthopaedic Society.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Gulf Coast's design studio teaches lessons on sustainability
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability