Fellowship named for Truett S. Bufkin
The Mississippi Soybean Promotion Board (MSPB) named its research fellowship the T.S. Bufkin Doctoral Fellowship in honor of Truett S. Bufkin. It will be awarded to a candidate in soybean production research to honor the former MSPB executive secretary, who served the board since 1964.
Bufkin helped to form the board and eventually move it into the national check-off once that was established in 1991.
Bufkin has been instrumental not only in the Mississippi soybean industry, but also in Mississippi agriculture. He started his career working in Extension helping soybean and grain farmers across the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics