Fellowship named for Truett S. Bufkin
The Mississippi Soybean Promotion Board (MSPB) named its research fellowship the T.S. Bufkin Doctoral Fellowship in honor of Truett S. Bufkin. It will be awarded to a candidate in soybean production research to honor the former MSPB executive secretary, who served the board since 1964.
Bufkin helped to form the board and eventually move it into the national check-off once that was established in 1991.
Bufkin has been instrumental not only in the Mississippi soybean industry, but also in Mississippi agriculture. He started his career working in Extension helping soybean and grain farmers across the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county