Fellowship named for Truett S. Bufkin
The Mississippi Soybean Promotion Board (MSPB) named its research fellowship the T.S. Bufkin Doctoral Fellowship in honor of Truett S. Bufkin. It will be awarded to a candidate in soybean production research to honor the former MSPB executive secretary, who served the board since 1964.
Bufkin helped to form the board and eventually move it into the national check-off once that was established in 1991.
Bufkin has been instrumental not only in the Mississippi soybean industry, but also in Mississippi agriculture. He started his career working in Extension helping soybean and grain farmers across the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects