Fellowship named for Truett S. Bufkin
The Mississippi Soybean Promotion Board (MSPB) named its research fellowship the T.S. Bufkin Doctoral Fellowship in honor of Truett S. Bufkin. It will be awarded to a candidate in soybean production research to honor the former MSPB executive secretary, who served the board since 1964.
Bufkin helped to form the board and eventually move it into the national check-off once that was established in 1991.
Bufkin has been instrumental not only in the Mississippi soybean industry, but also in Mississippi agriculture. He started his career working in Extension helping soybean and grain farmers across the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues