Fellowship named for Truett S. Bufkin
The Mississippi Soybean Promotion Board (MSPB) named its research fellowship the T.S. Bufkin Doctoral Fellowship in honor of Truett S. Bufkin. It will be awarded to a candidate in soybean production research to honor the former MSPB executive secretary, who served the board since 1964.
Bufkin helped to form the board and eventually move it into the national check-off once that was established in 1991.
Bufkin has been instrumental not only in the Mississippi soybean industry, but also in Mississippi agriculture. He started his career working in Extension helping soybean and grain farmers across the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal