Gene Taylor donates congressional documents to USM
Former Congressman Gene Taylor, whose career in the United States House of Representatives spanned more than 20 years, has donated all of his congressional documents to University Libraries at The University of Southern Mississippi.
Taylor first represented Mississippi’s 5th congressional district from 1989-2003 and, after Mississippi revised its districts, he was voted to represent the state’s 4th congressional district until 2011.
His donation includes 128 cubic feet of reports, briefings and congressional records as well as a copy of his congressional Web site.
To honor Taylor for his donation, Southern Miss hosted a reception at the Southern Miss Gulf Coast Library in Long Beach. Surrounded by family, friends and the Southern Miss community, Taylor was shown appreciation by university administrators for his distinctive gift to the university.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager