Gene Taylor donates congressional documents to USM
Former Congressman Gene Taylor, whose career in the United States House of Representatives spanned more than 20 years, has donated all of his congressional documents to University Libraries at The University of Southern Mississippi.
Taylor first represented Mississippi’s 5th congressional district from 1989-2003 and, after Mississippi revised its districts, he was voted to represent the state’s 4th congressional district until 2011.
His donation includes 128 cubic feet of reports, briefings and congressional records as well as a copy of his congressional Web site.
To honor Taylor for his donation, Southern Miss hosted a reception at the Southern Miss Gulf Coast Library in Long Beach. Surrounded by family, friends and the Southern Miss community, Taylor was shown appreciation by university administrators for his distinctive gift to the university.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue