Gene Taylor donates congressional documents to USM
Former Congressman Gene Taylor, whose career in the United States House of Representatives spanned more than 20 years, has donated all of his congressional documents to University Libraries at The University of Southern Mississippi.
Taylor first represented Mississippi’s 5th congressional district from 1989-2003 and, after Mississippi revised its districts, he was voted to represent the state’s 4th congressional district until 2011.
His donation includes 128 cubic feet of reports, briefings and congressional records as well as a copy of his congressional Web site.
To honor Taylor for his donation, Southern Miss hosted a reception at the Southern Miss Gulf Coast Library in Long Beach. Surrounded by family, friends and the Southern Miss community, Taylor was shown appreciation by university administrators for his distinctive gift to the university.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement