Wilson elected to EVP for Georgia Power
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 4,2011
Anthony Wilson has been elected executive vice president, customer service and operations (CSO), of Georgia Power, effective Jan. 1, 2012. Wilson, 47, currently serves as vice president of transmission. He will replace Mickey Brown, who will retire at the end of the year.
Since joining Southern Company in 1984 at Mississippi Power, Wilson has held numerous leadership positions in many areas of the company. At Mississippi Power, he served as manager of the Meridian division and the Columbia area, assistant to the president, assistant plant manager and region power delivery manager. In 2002, Wilson joined Georgia Power as manager of marketing regulatory affairs before going on to serve as general manager of distribution and vice president of distribution.
Wilson, a native of D’Iberville, earned a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Mississippi State University and an MBA from the University of Southern Mississippi. He is also a graduate of the .
Wilson serves on the advisory board of the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Mississippi State University, where he was selected as a Distinguished Engineering Fellow in 2009. He also serves on the board of directors for the Southeastern Electric Reliability Corp. and the Power Delivery Committee of the Association of Edison Illuminating Companies and the executive committee for the Southeastern Electric Exchange. In addition, Wilson is a member of the American Cancer Society Executive Leadership Council and a member of the board of directors for 21st Century Leaders.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Mike Morgan has calmness of mind