Wilson elected to EVP for Georgia Power
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 4,2011
Anthony Wilson has been elected executive vice president, customer service and operations (CSO), of Georgia Power, effective Jan. 1, 2012. Wilson, 47, currently serves as vice president of transmission. He will replace Mickey Brown, who will retire at the end of the year.
Since joining Southern Company in 1984 at Mississippi Power, Wilson has held numerous leadership positions in many areas of the company. At Mississippi Power, he served as manager of the Meridian division and the Columbia area, assistant to the president, assistant plant manager and region power delivery manager. In 2002, Wilson joined Georgia Power as manager of marketing regulatory affairs before going on to serve as general manager of distribution and vice president of distribution.
Wilson, a native of D’Iberville, earned a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Mississippi State University and an MBA from the University of Southern Mississippi. He is also a graduate of the .
Wilson serves on the advisory board of the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Mississippi State University, where he was selected as a Distinguished Engineering Fellow in 2009. He also serves on the board of directors for the Southeastern Electric Reliability Corp. and the Power Delivery Committee of the Association of Edison Illuminating Companies and the executive committee for the Southeastern Electric Exchange. In addition, Wilson is a member of the American Cancer Society Executive Leadership Council and a member of the board of directors for 21st Century Leaders.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet