Wilson elected to EVP for Georgia Power
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 4,2011
Anthony Wilson has been elected executive vice president, customer service and operations (CSO), of Georgia Power, effective Jan. 1, 2012. Wilson, 47, currently serves as vice president of transmission. He will replace Mickey Brown, who will retire at the end of the year.
Since joining Southern Company in 1984 at Mississippi Power, Wilson has held numerous leadership positions in many areas of the company. At Mississippi Power, he served as manager of the Meridian division and the Columbia area, assistant to the president, assistant plant manager and region power delivery manager. In 2002, Wilson joined Georgia Power as manager of marketing regulatory affairs before going on to serve as general manager of distribution and vice president of distribution.
Wilson, a native of D’Iberville, earned a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Mississippi State University and an MBA from the University of Southern Mississippi. He is also a graduate of the .
Wilson serves on the advisory board of the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Mississippi State University, where he was selected as a Distinguished Engineering Fellow in 2009. He also serves on the board of directors for the Southeastern Electric Reliability Corp. and the Power Delivery Committee of the Association of Edison Illuminating Companies and the executive committee for the Southeastern Electric Exchange. In addition, Wilson is a member of the American Cancer Society Executive Leadership Council and a member of the board of directors for 21st Century Leaders.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday