Wilson elected to EVP for Georgia Power
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 4,2011
Anthony Wilson has been elected executive vice president, customer service and operations (CSO), of Georgia Power, effective Jan. 1, 2012. Wilson, 47, currently serves as vice president of transmission. He will replace Mickey Brown, who will retire at the end of the year.
Since joining Southern Company in 1984 at Mississippi Power, Wilson has held numerous leadership positions in many areas of the company. At Mississippi Power, he served as manager of the Meridian division and the Columbia area, assistant to the president, assistant plant manager and region power delivery manager. In 2002, Wilson joined Georgia Power as manager of marketing regulatory affairs before going on to serve as general manager of distribution and vice president of distribution.
Wilson, a native of D’Iberville, earned a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Mississippi State University and an MBA from the University of Southern Mississippi. He is also a graduate of the .
Wilson serves on the advisory board of the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Mississippi State University, where he was selected as a Distinguished Engineering Fellow in 2009. He also serves on the board of directors for the Southeastern Electric Reliability Corp. and the Power Delivery Committee of the Association of Edison Illuminating Companies and the executive committee for the Southeastern Electric Exchange. In addition, Wilson is a member of the American Cancer Society Executive Leadership Council and a member of the board of directors for 21st Century Leaders.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90