Barbour hosts work force conference
Published: December 5,2011
JACKSON — Gov. Haley Barbour and former assistant Labor Department secretary Emily DeRocco will speak Thursday at the Governor’s Workforce Conference in Jackson.
DeRocco is president of The Manufacturing Institute.
The conference will be held at the Jackson Convention Complex.
The conference will feature sessions on reforming the state’s work force system, enhancing partnerships between workforce and education and regionalism.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center