Barbour hosts work force conference
Published: December 5,2011
JACKSON — Gov. Haley Barbour and former assistant Labor Department secretary Emily DeRocco will speak Thursday at the Governor’s Workforce Conference in Jackson.
DeRocco is president of The Manufacturing Institute.
The conference will be held at the Jackson Convention Complex.
The conference will feature sessions on reforming the state’s work force system, enhancing partnerships between workforce and education and regionalism.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years