City, Hosemann cannot agree on lease agreement for park
by Associated Press
Published: December 7,2011
BILOXI — Development of the Point Cadet Waterfront Park is proceeding entirely north of the Biloxi Bay Bridge.
The Sun Herald reports the Biloxi City Council has hired Dale Partners Architects to design a park around the Maritime and Seafood Industry Museum, which will be rebuilt on its original site. A boardwalk will connect to the fishing pier under construction, and there will be a water park and pavilion similar to the one Hurricane Katrina destroyed.
David Staehling, director of administration, said he and Mayor A.J. Holloway met with Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann and were unable to agree on terms for the lease of land south of the bridge.
The architectural designs will be presented to the council at a public meeting before construction begins.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue