City, Hosemann cannot agree on lease agreement for park
Published: December 7,2011
BILOXI — Development of the Point Cadet Waterfront Park is proceeding entirely north of the Biloxi Bay Bridge.
The Sun Herald reports the Biloxi City Council has hired Dale Partners Architects to design a park around the Maritime and Seafood Industry Museum, which will be rebuilt on its original site. A boardwalk will connect to the fishing pier under construction, and there will be a water park and pavilion similar to the one Hurricane Katrina destroyed.
David Staehling, director of administration, said he and Mayor A.J. Holloway met with Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann and were unable to agree on terms for the lease of land south of the bridge.
The architectural designs will be presented to the council at a public meeting before construction begins.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- College Board sets Friday meeting to discuss Dan Jones
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club