City, Hosemann cannot agree on lease agreement for park
by Associated Press
Published: December 7,2011
BILOXI — Development of the Point Cadet Waterfront Park is proceeding entirely north of the Biloxi Bay Bridge.
The Sun Herald reports the Biloxi City Council has hired Dale Partners Architects to design a park around the Maritime and Seafood Industry Museum, which will be rebuilt on its original site. A boardwalk will connect to the fishing pier under construction, and there will be a water park and pavilion similar to the one Hurricane Katrina destroyed.
David Staehling, director of administration, said he and Mayor A.J. Holloway met with Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann and were unable to agree on terms for the lease of land south of the bridge.
The architectural designs will be presented to the council at a public meeting before construction begins.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom