City, Hosemann cannot agree on lease agreement for park
Published: December 7,2011
BILOXI — Development of the Point Cadet Waterfront Park is proceeding entirely north of the Biloxi Bay Bridge.
The Sun Herald reports the Biloxi City Council has hired Dale Partners Architects to design a park around the Maritime and Seafood Industry Museum, which will be rebuilt on its original site. A boardwalk will connect to the fishing pier under construction, and there will be a water park and pavilion similar to the one Hurricane Katrina destroyed.
David Staehling, director of administration, said he and Mayor A.J. Holloway met with Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann and were unable to agree on terms for the lease of land south of the bridge.
The architectural designs will be presented to the council at a public meeting before construction begins.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so