City, Hosemann cannot agree on lease agreement for park
Published: December 7,2011
BILOXI — Development of the Point Cadet Waterfront Park is proceeding entirely north of the Biloxi Bay Bridge.
The Sun Herald reports the Biloxi City Council has hired Dale Partners Architects to design a park around the Maritime and Seafood Industry Museum, which will be rebuilt on its original site. A boardwalk will connect to the fishing pier under construction, and there will be a water park and pavilion similar to the one Hurricane Katrina destroyed.
David Staehling, director of administration, said he and Mayor A.J. Holloway met with Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann and were unable to agree on terms for the lease of land south of the bridge.
The architectural designs will be presented to the council at a public meeting before construction begins.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years