PSC fines two telemarketers for ‘No-Call’ violations
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 7,2011
JACKSON — The Mississippi Public Service Commission has fined Maxim Media Marketing Inc. of Scottsdale, Ariz., and Sonkei Communications Inc. of American Fork, Utah, a total of $220,000 for violations of the Mississippi “No-Call” law and rules associated with enforcing the law.
Commissioner Brandon Presley (D-Nettleton) said both companies violated the “No-Call” law by failing to register and purchase the state’s “No-Call” list and for contacting consumers that had registered on the “No-Call” list. Sonkei violated the “No-Call” law by utilizing an automated dialing system or a like system that uses a recorded voice message to communicate with the consumer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- The link between education and economic development