PSC fines two telemarketers for ‘No-Call’ violations
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 7,2011
JACKSON — The Mississippi Public Service Commission has fined Maxim Media Marketing Inc. of Scottsdale, Ariz., and Sonkei Communications Inc. of American Fork, Utah, a total of $220,000 for violations of the Mississippi “No-Call” law and rules associated with enforcing the law.
Commissioner Brandon Presley (D-Nettleton) said both companies violated the “No-Call” law by failing to register and purchase the state’s “No-Call” list and for contacting consumers that had registered on the “No-Call” list. Sonkei violated the “No-Call” law by utilizing an automated dialing system or a like system that uses a recorded voice message to communicate with the consumer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss