PSC fines two telemarketers for ‘No-Call’ violations
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 7,2011
JACKSON — The Mississippi Public Service Commission has fined Maxim Media Marketing Inc. of Scottsdale, Ariz., and Sonkei Communications Inc. of American Fork, Utah, a total of $220,000 for violations of the Mississippi “No-Call” law and rules associated with enforcing the law.
Commissioner Brandon Presley (D-Nettleton) said both companies violated the “No-Call” law by failing to register and purchase the state’s “No-Call” list and for contacting consumers that had registered on the “No-Call” list. Sonkei violated the “No-Call” law by utilizing an automated dialing system or a like system that uses a recorded voice message to communicate with the consumer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county