PSC fines two telemarketers for ‘No-Call’ violations
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 7,2011
JACKSON — The Mississippi Public Service Commission has fined Maxim Media Marketing Inc. of Scottsdale, Ariz., and Sonkei Communications Inc. of American Fork, Utah, a total of $220,000 for violations of the Mississippi “No-Call” law and rules associated with enforcing the law.
Commissioner Brandon Presley (D-Nettleton) said both companies violated the “No-Call” law by failing to register and purchase the state’s “No-Call” list and for contacting consumers that had registered on the “No-Call” list. Sonkei violated the “No-Call” law by utilizing an automated dialing system or a like system that uses a recorded voice message to communicate with the consumer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Digital Editions - magazines