PSC fines two telemarketers for ‘No-Call’ violations
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 7,2011
JACKSON — The Mississippi Public Service Commission has fined Maxim Media Marketing Inc. of Scottsdale, Ariz., and Sonkei Communications Inc. of American Fork, Utah, a total of $220,000 for violations of the Mississippi “No-Call” law and rules associated with enforcing the law.
Commissioner Brandon Presley (D-Nettleton) said both companies violated the “No-Call” law by failing to register and purchase the state’s “No-Call” list and for contacting consumers that had registered on the “No-Call” list. Sonkei violated the “No-Call” law by utilizing an automated dialing system or a like system that uses a recorded voice message to communicate with the consumer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Baker Donelson recognized