Hanco awarded storm shelter construction contracts
Published: December 9,2011
PEARL RIVER COUNTY — Pearl River County has received a low bid on three storm shelters.
The Picayune Item reports the board of supervisors hopes to formally award the contract to Hanco Corp. Dec. 19 after federal and state reviews.
County Emergency Management Director Danny Manley says the shelters will be located at the fairgrounds in Poplarville, at Pearl River Central High School and at Picayune Memorial High School.
The total cost is expected to be about $9 million.
The shelters will be constructed to house storm refugees over a 36-hour period. The shelters will have their own generators to maintain power, air conditioning, their own water supply and rest room facilities.
The shelters, when completed, will be able to withstand sustained winds of 200 mph.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M