Hanco awarded storm shelter construction contracts
Published: December 9,2011
PEARL RIVER COUNTY — Pearl River County has received a low bid on three storm shelters.
The Picayune Item reports the board of supervisors hopes to formally award the contract to Hanco Corp. Dec. 19 after federal and state reviews.
County Emergency Management Director Danny Manley says the shelters will be located at the fairgrounds in Poplarville, at Pearl River Central High School and at Picayune Memorial High School.
The total cost is expected to be about $9 million.
The shelters will be constructed to house storm refugees over a 36-hour period. The shelters will have their own generators to maintain power, air conditioning, their own water supply and rest room facilities.
The shelters, when completed, will be able to withstand sustained winds of 200 mph.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that