Hanco awarded storm shelter construction contracts
Published: December 9,2011
PEARL RIVER COUNTY — Pearl River County has received a low bid on three storm shelters.
The Picayune Item reports the board of supervisors hopes to formally award the contract to Hanco Corp. Dec. 19 after federal and state reviews.
County Emergency Management Director Danny Manley says the shelters will be located at the fairgrounds in Poplarville, at Pearl River Central High School and at Picayune Memorial High School.
The total cost is expected to be about $9 million.
The shelters will be constructed to house storm refugees over a 36-hour period. The shelters will have their own generators to maintain power, air conditioning, their own water supply and rest room facilities.
The shelters, when completed, will be able to withstand sustained winds of 200 mph.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access