Hanco awarded storm shelter construction contracts
Published: December 9,2011
PEARL RIVER COUNTY — Pearl River County has received a low bid on three storm shelters.
The Picayune Item reports the board of supervisors hopes to formally award the contract to Hanco Corp. Dec. 19 after federal and state reviews.
County Emergency Management Director Danny Manley says the shelters will be located at the fairgrounds in Poplarville, at Pearl River Central High School and at Picayune Memorial High School.
The total cost is expected to be about $9 million.
The shelters will be constructed to house storm refugees over a 36-hour period. The shelters will have their own generators to maintain power, air conditioning, their own water supply and rest room facilities.
The shelters, when completed, will be able to withstand sustained winds of 200 mph.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager