Cause of Jackson Convention Complex deficit does beyond HQ hotel
by Ted Carter
Published: December 11,2011
Lack of a convention headquarters hotel has been blamed for the Jackson Convention hotel complex losing $12 million in business last year. But the 330,000-square-foot complex has lost far more meetings and convention business since its late 2009 opening for reasons other than available hotel space, a study by H.C. Johnson Consulting of Chicago found.
H.C. Johnson, which specializes in real estate and hospitality sector research, did the study at the direction of the Jackson Redevelopment Authority. Charles Johnson, the firm’s principal, and JRA executive director Jason Brookins emphasized that…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Cause of Jackson Convention Complex deficit does beyond HQ hotel”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip