Cause of Jackson Convention Complex deficit does beyond HQ hotel
by Ted Carter
Published: December 11,2011
Lack of a convention headquarters hotel has been blamed for the Jackson Convention hotel complex losing $12 million in business last year. But the 330,000-square-foot complex has lost far more meetings and convention business since its late 2009 opening for reasons other than available hotel space, a study by H.C. Johnson Consulting of Chicago found.
H.C. Johnson, which specializes in real estate and hospitality sector research, did the study at the direction of the Jackson Redevelopment Authority. Charles Johnson, the firm’s principal, and JRA executive director Jason Brookins emphasized that…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Cause of Jackson Convention Complex deficit does beyond HQ hotel”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments