Cause of Jackson Convention Complex deficit does beyond HQ hotel
by Ted Carter
Published: December 11,2011
Lack of a convention headquarters hotel has been blamed for the Jackson Convention hotel complex losing $12 million in business last year. But the 330,000-square-foot complex has lost far more meetings and convention business since its late 2009 opening for reasons other than available hotel space, a study by H.C. Johnson Consulting of Chicago found.
H.C. Johnson, which specializes in real estate and hospitality sector research, did the study at the direction of the Jackson Redevelopment Authority. Charles Johnson, the firm’s principal, and JRA executive director Jason Brookins emphasized that…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Cause of Jackson Convention Complex deficit does beyond HQ hotel”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- BLAKE WILSON: Danny Mitchell was a remarkable business leader, a better friend
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail