Doug Mullins named warden at north Mississippi jail
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 11,2011
Longtime law enforcement officer Doug Mullins had his first official day on the job as the new warden of the Alcorn County Regional Correctional Facility Nov. 7. Mullins first began filling in as the interim warden at the Alcorn County Regional Correctional Facility in September 2011.
His history working with law enforcement reaches back over three decades. Mullins began his law enforcement career in February 1977 as a dispatcher for then-Sheriff Edwin Coleman at the Alcorn County Sheriff’s Department. He has worked with Corinth Police Department, Tishomingo County law enforcement and the Booneville Police Department.
Mullins has worked his way up from dispatcher, to deputy, investigator and chief deputy.
He worked for three years with the Mississippi Department of Corrections at a community work center and three years with the National Auto Theft Bureau (now the National Insurance Crime Bureau) investigating auto theft, fraud, arson and other related offenses.
His last stint away from Alcorn County was working with the Department of the Army at Fort Polk, La., from 2005 to 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments