Expectations high for convention hotel revenue per available room
by Ted Carter
Published: December 11,2011
In its first year of operation, a convention center hotel in Jackson would achieve a revenue-per-available room rate more than double the current rate for Jackson’s downtown hotel market.
That’s the ambitious projection of a market feasibility study done for potential hotel development partner Transcontinental Realty Inc. of Dallas and on which city officials appear ready to rely in assessing the market potential of a proposed 304-room convention headquarters hotel.
Revenue per available room, or rev-par, is a yardstick of total rooms…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Digital Editions - magazines