Expectations high for convention hotel revenue per available room
by Ted Carter
Published: December 11,2011
In its first year of operation, a convention center hotel in Jackson would achieve a revenue-per-available room rate more than double the current rate for Jackson’s downtown hotel market.
That’s the ambitious projection of a market feasibility study done for potential hotel development partner Transcontinental Realty Inc. of Dallas and on which city officials appear ready to rely in assessing the market potential of a proposed 304-room convention headquarters hotel.
Revenue per available room, or rev-par, is a yardstick of total rooms…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion