Ole Miss represented on national committee
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 11,2011
Tags: Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi, Hillsboro, Jillian Foster, Joseph K. Bonnarens, Ole Miss, Oregon, Pacific University's School of Pharmacy, Tina Penick Brock, University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy, University of Oklahoma
The Department of Pharmacy Administration in the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy reached a milestone recently when the pharmacy leadership society, Phi Lambda Sigma, installed new officers for its executive committee. Four of the officers, who were installed at the end of the society’s 36th annual House of Delegates meeting in Seattle, Wash., have ties to Ole Miss, and three of them are pharmacy administration graduates. The new officers include president Joseph K. Bonnarens, an associate professor of pharmacy administration at Pacific University’s School of Pharmacy in Hillsboro, Ore. He earned his master’s degree in pharmaceutical sciences in 2000 and his doctorate in pharmacy administration in 2003.
President-elect Tina Penick Brock is associate dean for teaching and learning at the University of California at San Francisco’s School of Pharmacy. She earned her bachelor’s degree in pharmaceutical sciences in 1990 and her master’s degree in pharmacy administration in 1992.
Treasurer Alan Spies is director of professional development and associate professor at the University of Oklahoma’s College of Pharmacy. He earned his doctorate in pharmacy administration in 2006.
Parliamentarian: Jillian Foster is director of pharmacy at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford and president-elect of the Ole Miss Pharmacy Alumni Chapter. She earned her bachelor’s degree in pharmaceutical sciences in 2001 and her PharmD in 2004.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation