Savannah getting double – possibly triple – scrutiny on its convention hotel plans
When an initial market study for a convention hotel in Savannah, Ga., made rosy predictions for occupancy rates for the proposed 500-room hotel, the board that governs the city’s convention center responded with a “not so fast.”
Like Jackson, Savannah has concluded that its convention center, known officially as the International Trade & Convention Center, can’t reach its potential without…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity