UMMC/HMA hospital alliance could help educationally, financially
by Amy McCullough
Published: December 11,2011
In response to rising healthcare costs and the uncertainty of federal healthcare reform, health care providers nationwide are consolidating, and academic medical centers and for-profit hospitals are entering into partnership agreements.
The University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC) has announced it is exploring a partnership with Florida-based Health Management Associates Inc. (HMA), which owns 10 hospitals in Mississippi.
UMMC and HMA hope to reach a definitive agreement in…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month