UMMC/HMA hospital alliance could help educationally, financially
Published: December 11,2011
In response to rising healthcare costs and the uncertainty of federal healthcare reform, health care providers nationwide are consolidating, and academic medical centers and for-profit hospitals are entering into partnership agreements.
The University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC) has announced it is exploring a partnership with Florida-based Health Management Associates Inc. (HMA), which owns 10 hospitals in Mississippi.
UMMC and HMA hope to reach a definitive agreement in…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal