UMMC/HMA hospital alliance could help educationally, financially
Published: December 11,2011
In response to rising healthcare costs and the uncertainty of federal healthcare reform, health care providers nationwide are consolidating, and academic medical centers and for-profit hospitals are entering into partnership agreements.
The University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC) has announced it is exploring a partnership with Florida-based Health Management Associates Inc. (HMA), which owns 10 hospitals in Mississippi.
UMMC and HMA hope to reach a definitive agreement in…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports