UMMC/HMA hospital alliance could help educationally, financially
Published: December 11,2011
In response to rising healthcare costs and the uncertainty of federal healthcare reform, health care providers nationwide are consolidating, and academic medical centers and for-profit hospitals are entering into partnership agreements.
The University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC) has announced it is exploring a partnership with Florida-based Health Management Associates Inc. (HMA), which owns 10 hospitals in Mississippi.
UMMC and HMA hope to reach a definitive agreement in…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation