The law firm market heats up
Published: December 12,2011
William Painter maybe the busiest man in Mississippi. The managing partner of the Jackson office of the law firm Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, P.C., he is also the Tennessee-based firms lead strategic planner. In the latter capacity, Painter has logged some serious hours recently.
“I’m hammered,” Painter said.
In 2011, Baker Donelson has effected three mergers with more imminent. The firm’s flurry of activity mirrors a trend seen nationwide this year.
Over the first nine months of this year, firm combinations are up…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion
- Judge rules for Fish and Wildlife Service in frog habitat case
- Diamondhead Casino Corporation wins site approval