The law firm market heats up
Published: December 12,2011
William Painter maybe the busiest man in Mississippi. The managing partner of the Jackson office of the law firm Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, P.C., he is also the Tennessee-based firms lead strategic planner. In the latter capacity, Painter has logged some serious hours recently.
“I’m hammered,” Painter said.
In 2011, Baker Donelson has effected three mergers with more imminent. The firm’s flurry of activity mirrors a trend seen nationwide this year.
Over the first nine months of this year, firm combinations are up…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion