The law firm market heats up
by Wally Northway
Published: December 12,2011
William Painter maybe the busiest man in Mississippi. The managing partner of the Jackson office of the law firm Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, P.C., he is also the Tennessee-based firms lead strategic planner. In the latter capacity, Painter has logged some serious hours recently.
“I’m hammered,” Painter said.
In 2011, Baker Donelson has effected three mergers with more imminent. The firm’s flurry of activity mirrors a trend seen nationwide this year.
Over the first nine months of this year, firm combinations are up…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015