Ex-road manager, wife plead not guilty to Katrina fraud
by Associated Press
Published: December 12,2011
HANCOCK COUNTY — Not guilty was the plea entered in federal court by a former Hancock County road manager and his wife.
Roger Ladner and his wife, Sharon, of Kiln, are accused of a conspiracy to accept bribes and launder money in a scheme involving Hurricane Katrina cleanup contracts that the federal government says were awarded to close family members of the defendants.
The Sun Herald the plea was entered today. Trial will be March 5 in federal court. They are allowed to remain free until the trail but they had to surrender their passports and they had to each post a $25,000 appearance bond.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones