Ex-road manager, wife plead not guilty to Katrina fraud
Published: December 12,2011
HANCOCK COUNTY — Not guilty was the plea entered in federal court by a former Hancock County road manager and his wife.
Roger Ladner and his wife, Sharon, of Kiln, are accused of a conspiracy to accept bribes and launder money in a scheme involving Hurricane Katrina cleanup contracts that the federal government says were awarded to close family members of the defendants.
The Sun Herald the plea was entered today. Trial will be March 5 in federal court. They are allowed to remain free until the trail but they had to surrender their passports and they had to each post a $25,000 appearance bond.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'