Ex-road manager, wife plead not guilty to Katrina fraud
Published: December 12,2011
HANCOCK COUNTY — Not guilty was the plea entered in federal court by a former Hancock County road manager and his wife.
Roger Ladner and his wife, Sharon, of Kiln, are accused of a conspiracy to accept bribes and launder money in a scheme involving Hurricane Katrina cleanup contracts that the federal government says were awarded to close family members of the defendants.
The Sun Herald the plea was entered today. Trial will be March 5 in federal court. They are allowed to remain free until the trail but they had to surrender their passports and they had to each post a $25,000 appearance bond.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'