Ex-road manager, wife plead not guilty to Katrina fraud
by Associated Press
Published: December 12,2011
HANCOCK COUNTY — Not guilty was the plea entered in federal court by a former Hancock County road manager and his wife.
Roger Ladner and his wife, Sharon, of Kiln, are accused of a conspiracy to accept bribes and launder money in a scheme involving Hurricane Katrina cleanup contracts that the federal government says were awarded to close family members of the defendants.
The Sun Herald the plea was entered today. Trial will be March 5 in federal court. They are allowed to remain free until the trail but they had to surrender their passports and they had to each post a $25,000 appearance bond.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones