Ex-road manager, wife plead not guilty to Katrina fraud
Published: December 12,2011
HANCOCK COUNTY — Not guilty was the plea entered in federal court by a former Hancock County road manager and his wife.
Roger Ladner and his wife, Sharon, of Kiln, are accused of a conspiracy to accept bribes and launder money in a scheme involving Hurricane Katrina cleanup contracts that the federal government says were awarded to close family members of the defendants.
The Sun Herald the plea was entered today. Trial will be March 5 in federal court. They are allowed to remain free until the trail but they had to surrender their passports and they had to each post a $25,000 appearance bond.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities