Ground broken for new aquarium/learning center
Published: December 12,2011
D’IBERVILLE — A recent groundbreaking ceremony means the $30-million Ocean Expo Aquarium & Learning Center in southern Mississippi is closer to reality.
The ceremony was held at D’Iberville last Friday for the project located on the southwest corner of Interstates 10 and 110.
Moby Solangi, director of the Institute for Marine Mammal Studies in Gulfport, which is developing the project, said a touch tank, a bird show, a dolphin and sea lion show and a salt marsh exhibit are among the planned attractions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location