Ground broken for new aquarium/learning center
Published: December 12,2011
D’IBERVILLE — A recent groundbreaking ceremony means the $30-million Ocean Expo Aquarium & Learning Center in southern Mississippi is closer to reality.
The ceremony was held at D’Iberville last Friday for the project located on the southwest corner of Interstates 10 and 110.
Moby Solangi, director of the Institute for Marine Mammal Studies in Gulfport, which is developing the project, said a touch tank, a bird show, a dolphin and sea lion show and a salt marsh exhibit are among the planned attractions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option