Ground broken for new aquarium/learning center
by Associated Press
Published: December 12,2011
D’IBERVILLE — A recent groundbreaking ceremony means the $30-million Ocean Expo Aquarium & Learning Center in southern Mississippi is closer to reality.
The ceremony was held at D’Iberville last Friday for the project located on the southwest corner of Interstates 10 and 110.
Moby Solangi, director of the Institute for Marine Mammal Studies in Gulfport, which is developing the project, said a touch tank, a bird show, a dolphin and sea lion show and a salt marsh exhibit are among the planned attractions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law