Ground broken for new aquarium/learning center
Published: December 12,2011
D’IBERVILLE — A recent groundbreaking ceremony means the $30-million Ocean Expo Aquarium & Learning Center in southern Mississippi is closer to reality.
The ceremony was held at D’Iberville last Friday for the project located on the southwest corner of Interstates 10 and 110.
Moby Solangi, director of the Institute for Marine Mammal Studies in Gulfport, which is developing the project, said a touch tank, a bird show, a dolphin and sea lion show and a salt marsh exhibit are among the planned attractions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90