Ground broken for new aquarium/learning center
Published: December 12,2011
D’IBERVILLE — A recent groundbreaking ceremony means the $30-million Ocean Expo Aquarium & Learning Center in southern Mississippi is closer to reality.
The ceremony was held at D’Iberville last Friday for the project located on the southwest corner of Interstates 10 and 110.
Moby Solangi, director of the Institute for Marine Mammal Studies in Gulfport, which is developing the project, said a touch tank, a bird show, a dolphin and sea lion show and a salt marsh exhibit are among the planned attractions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'