Ground broken for new aquarium/learning center
by Associated Press
Published: December 12,2011
D’IBERVILLE — A recent groundbreaking ceremony means the $30-million Ocean Expo Aquarium & Learning Center in southern Mississippi is closer to reality.
The ceremony was held at D’Iberville last Friday for the project located on the southwest corner of Interstates 10 and 110.
Moby Solangi, director of the Institute for Marine Mammal Studies in Gulfport, which is developing the project, said a touch tank, a bird show, a dolphin and sea lion show and a salt marsh exhibit are among the planned attractions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation