Ground broken for new aquarium/learning center
Published: December 12,2011
D’IBERVILLE — A recent groundbreaking ceremony means the $30-million Ocean Expo Aquarium & Learning Center in southern Mississippi is closer to reality.
The ceremony was held at D’Iberville last Friday for the project located on the southwest corner of Interstates 10 and 110.
Moby Solangi, director of the Institute for Marine Mammal Studies in Gulfport, which is developing the project, said a touch tank, a bird show, a dolphin and sea lion show and a salt marsh exhibit are among the planned attractions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts
- The leadership styles of President Obama